WnSoft Forums

Archive of yachtsman1 shows

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Over the last couple of weeks I have uploaded a number of my shows previously up-loaded to Mediafire, forgot to mention the latest. For those with an aversion to Mediafire, they can be downloaded without the usual hassle. The titles are Hunton Steam Fair Parts 1 & 2. Land of the Prince Bishops. Liverpool Anglican & Catholic Cathedrals (2 separate shows). Monochrome Hawes. Southport Summer Miscellany. Ferry 'Cross the Mersey. Media City. Salford Quays. Ripon Cathedral. Wells Cathedral. Leyburn Shawl. Lowry & Imperial War Museum North. Another Place. These are all original photographs, no internet downloads. The link to my content where you will find a full description of each show together with thumb nails is-

http://www.slideshowclub.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=downloads&mid=52

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

As I have filled my monthly quota in SSC, this one is on Dropbox. We had planned to visit the new museum for some time, but after our experience at another "new style" museum it was on the back burner. However this weeks weather forecast seemed favourable, so we arranged yesterdays visit, including two of our neighbours who don't get out very much. I should have known, planning something on the 13th wasn't a good idea. First the car wouldn't start, very low battery, which I had noticed over the last couple of weeks wasn't turning as freely as it should. Anyway a combination of the very cold morning and the low battery warranted a jump start from the house managers Fiesta, with a 10 year old battery. With the engine fired up we set off for Liverpool, I had booked a disabled parking place & a wheel chair as one of our friends cannot manage very well. Next problem Sally Sat nav wanted to take us the wrong way, so we obliged & detored down the dock road which is notoriously bumpy, luckily on of our friend had a special cushion. After a couple of circuits around the Liver building we arrive at the rear entrance to the museum, which is protected by sunken traffic bollards, which I've seen cause some nasty damage to the unwary. There was an intercom to the museum security office & I was told to proceed to the main entrance where my reserved space was. This visit was also a trial for my wife's new Fuji SL1000. So after disembarking, we made our way to the cafe for a hot drink & to empty the tanks. I then collected the wheelchair & we set off into the ground floor exhibits, The entrance is free BTW but a suggested £3 donation per person is requested. A nick nack shop was next & we bought some cough sweets as one of our friends was barking somewhat. I then set off with my charge expecting M to follow, she didn't & we got separated for half an hour. Eventually we were re-united & set off again. Disappointingly, this museum was very similar to the one in Manchester, with dimly lit displays, mostly behind glass, not very photogenic. We covered the 3 floors fairly quickly, & I must say the lifts & toilets were excellent. The top floor Beatles show was on in 15 minutes time, so we hung around for that, it was the biggest disappointment of all, being locked into a circular theatre, with flashing images & unitelligible sound, I was glad it was brief.

Down to the cafe, two of us sampled Scouse for lunch, 1 quische & one Pannini, 4 drinks, cost an extortionate £27. With trepidation I returned to the car, phew, it started & we returned to base. Our friends were delighted with the trip.

The show, pictures from my FX150 & M's SL1000, 1920x1080 pixels, slide size fixed, 16-9 ar. Size 86MB due to video content, 41 slides including 5 from the internet as the fog even prevented us seeing the Liver Bird on top of the building. 2 video clips. 4 Liverpool themed music tracks, 1 VO from one of the videod hologram type displays, ruined by background noises.

After reading all that, if you are put off, don't download it, it's mean't for my captive audience. I wouldn't have inficted it on the forum but things are a little quiet to say the least.

Yachtsman1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ths40qk5botri8e/New%20Liverpool%20Museum%20r1.zip

The DB link looks faulty, so I've uploaded the show to mediafire, the link is-

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1561o4x51e87dz7/New_Liverpool_Museum_r1.zip

post-5560-0-13842500-1394809854_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1

Yesterday was the first warm sunny day this spring which persuaded my wife & I to venture out with the cameras. Southport's Botanic Gardens is only a 10 minute walk from our apartment. Being a weekday, it was relatively quiet. Some of the beds were being re-planted but we managed 60 usable images between us. I decided to use something a bit different for the sound track, to get my audience's feet tapping, then send them off to sleep at the end.

Mechanics.

60 1920x1080 sides 4 video clips, 6 + minutes run time, 3 music tracks. Dropbox download.

Yachtsman1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tswi5u524pz4sgn/Springtime%20in%20Southport%20Botanic%20Gardens%20r2.zip