WnSoft Forums

Toaster Icon's mouseover is different from its Toolbar's text

goddi

Gary,

I hope that we can agree that this is not am important issue. But I also see a difference in the two situations. In the toolbar settings we see a very compact, self-contained description, while in the timeline/slide-list we see the highlighted slide, and it is this slide that has been selected as the starting point of the preview. I use the toast quite often, but I must admit hat I do not look at the mouse-over message.

Regards,

jt

Gary,

I hope that we can agree that this is not am important issue. But I also see a difference in the two situations. In the toolbar settings we see a very compact, self-contained description, while in the timeline/slide-list we see the highlighted slide, and it is this slide that has been selected as the starting point of the preview. I use the toast quite often, but I must admit hat I do not look at the mouse-over message.

Regards,

jt

==============================

Greetings jt,

I feel that any inconsistency in a software program is very important and should be fixed. There are other inconsistencies in PTE that should also be addressed but it seems that operational features have been the priority. These issues are not important to users who have learned how to ignore them, but why not fix them? You really can't have differences in menus that refer to the same operation. Just really bad form. When you see the mouseover for the Toaster icon saying one thing and the Toolbar menu saying something else, it just adds confusion. The only way I figured out that the Toolbar's menu item "Preview from current position" actually referred to the Toaster icon was to click and unclick to see it appear and disappear. If its text was the same as the Toaster's mouseover, it would have not been so confusing. These little irritating things add up and really are easy to fix.

Also, I don't really understand your comment on "...two situations". The Toolbar selection is to have the choice for the Toaster icon to appear or not appear. It is the text for the function that is inconsistent in two different places. One place says it one way, the other place says it in a different way. Why not have it say it the same way in both places?

Gary

Gary,

If its text was the same as the Toaster's mouseover, it would have not been so confusing.

The text displayed on the mouseover is commonly known as a "Hint" label. They are used to simply help guide you about the button function ... they are not meant to repeat/duplicate a button name, text label, etc.

If you look thru most of your other programs, and even in Windows ... you will see the mouseover "Hint" labels are not the same text as their button name, text label, etc.

These little irritating things add up and really are easy to fix.

You can easily edit your own language.ini file within PTE program directory to reflect the name fixes you desire.

Gary,

The text displayed on the mouseover is commonly known as a "Hint" label. They are used to simply help guide you about the button function ... they are not meant to repeat/duplicate a button name, text label, etc.

If you look thru most of your other programs, and even in Windows ... you will see the mouseover "Hint" labels are not the same text as their button name, text label, etc.

You can easily edit your own language.ini file within PTE program directory to reflect the name fixes you desire.

===================================

Greetings nobeefstu,

Well, I understand what you are saying about mouseover 'Hints'. But I disagree that you will find labels of menu icons that are not consistent in other software programs. At least, I have not seen any. Most menu icon that have a mouseover will have its name in bold and then the 'hint' will be under it. But the icon's name will not be different in different locations. There is no specific 'name' for the button. The problem is that the Toaster icon and the Toolbar's text for this icon are in sentence form. But each sentence is different. There is no reason for them to be different. They both refer to the exact same function. To allow them to be different is just a lazy way of doing it. If you are in the Toolbar menu and are wondering which icon the "Preview from current position" refers to, you might not think that it is for an icon that you saw that said "Start preview from this slide". If you can show me any other programs where the text for an icon is different in different places, I'd like to know. There are many places that I think the menus in PTE need to be reworked and this is just one to make it better.

The mouseover for the Toaster should be changed to "Preview from current position". The "Start preview..." terms are redundant to start with.

Thanks...

Gary