WnSoft Forums

suggestion for next PTE

Not sure if this has been suggested before...but I have found that in the ADD AUDIO box it would be very helpful if there was a way to preview the music before adding it, right from this section of PTE.

I have thousands of audio files and forget which piece would make a nice mood for a particular bit. Titles don't cut it when you have thousands of titles. A click on a title and a brief bit of that track playing would be a great way to sift through music pieces. This is included in Cyberlink's Power Director and I find it helpful. I mention this only as a way to check it out, not a selling point.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

There are programmes available that will categorise your database of music tracks. I haven't used one myself, but I have heard of them. I don't think your suggestion would make it any easier to select the correct music for your shows, however, that's just my opinion. One of my loves in compiling a new show is first to trawl through my database (over 2000 tracks). That is if I haven't already heard something i like, then I would download it from one of the internet music suppliers if I haven't already got it..

Yachtsman1.

If you are using version 8 of PTE you can quickly preview your audio items as follows:

1) use the Folder tree structure panel to navigate to the folder where your sound files are stored

2) in the File List panel next to the tree you will then see your sound files as icons

3) click on one of these and its icon appears in the mini-player area

4) click on this and it starts to play

5) if it isn't the piece you are looking for,repeat the above steps as necessary

Once you have found the piece you want then use the relevant PTE facility to add it to your soundtrack

regards,

Peter