WnSoft Forums

Problem with sequences linked to menu repeating

Jeanmills

I have connected many sequences to menus in the past but have never come up with this problem before.

Every .exe file runs properly but when I link them to the buttons on the menu some of the sequences sometimes do a repeat run. Sometimes they return to the menu and sometimes they don't. It seems that every time I run through them that it's a different one which repeats itself and on occasions the whole programme runs through without any repeats.

I'm using PTE 7.5, I have scanned the computer for infections/viruses and I have uninstalled a trial version of PTE 8 just in case that was interfering with it.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received - I'm desperate!

Here are some things to check:

- do all the sequences have "Close show after last slide" set?

- are you using "Run Slideshow...", "Run Slideshow With Return..." or "Run Application or Open File..." to launch each sequence

- are you single-clicking or double-clicking the button to launch each show?

If you are not being consistent in your technique, that might be the cause of some of your problems.

regards,

Peter

Here are some things to check:

- do all the sequences have "Close show after last slide" set?

- are you using "Run Slideshow...", "Run Slideshow With Return..." or "Run Application or Open File..." to launch each sequence

- are you single-clicking or double-clicking the button to launch each show?

If you are not being consistent in your technique, that might be the cause of some of your problems.

regards,

Peter

If you try to use "Run Slideshow..." variants you will need to Publish all the sequences using the same version of PTE (i.e. all in v7.5). That can be a bit of a chore. The upside is that you will get truly seamless integration of all the sequences.

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Unfortunately, several different people have made .exe sequences all using different version of PTE so this will not be possible!!

Hi If you use the latest version of PTE 8.0.2, not sure if that is an issue or a beta, I think it's an issue, & tag all your exe's with "Run application or open file", the worst you may get is a desktop flash back or a pop up asking if you wish to run the selected file. You could only do what you are asking back in the days of 7.07.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-46208100-1393794487_thumb.jp