WnSoft Forums

Another question about flash & PTE

tgpbug

I've created several intro's using swish and the downloaded flashme utility. I've added the flash.exe file in pte by useing the "run external appiclation" option. I create a cd with the autorun file, pte file, and folders containing each flash file set(flashme.exe, text file, and SWF file's). When I run the cd on the computer that created the show, it works fine. On another system the flash part doesn't work, but the PTE part does. The screen just stays blank for the duration of the flash. I.ve tried running just the flashme file on other systems and it runs fine, but not with PTE. Do I have a file path set wrong or is there something I'm missing?

Do I have a file path set wrong or is there something I'm missing?

I think this is your problem, as you suggest.

When you tell PTE the path to your external programs, - If you use the browser window of PTE, that path will no longer be correct when you copy your shows to cd. Solve this by typing in the absolute path, instead of the relative path that you browsed to in the window.

See if that works. Then if appropriate, you can post your show for us all to see your good work.

Are you sure that the other system (where the flash does not work) has a flash player installed?

I used to have this problem until I downloaded the 'SWIFF' player. It works better than the macromedia flash that everyone else seems to use.

Ron West

I have found that you should have your PTE exe and flash-related folders all in the same directory ( as you appear to have), but when entering the path information in PTE you should use the following :-

.\flashfolder1\flashme.exe

.\flashfolder2\flashme.exe (if you have a second SWF file)

Do not use the PTE browser to locate the flashme exe, as the full path is entered.

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers, Alan

Thanks all! The path was indeed the problem. Just when you think you know this program you learn something new. One other thing though, It seems that the time I allowed for the swf. file to play is different from computer to computer. On my main work station I allow 65 seconds for the swf. to play. On my laptop, I need 72 seconds. It seems that the swf. file runs slower! Any comments?

Guest Techman1

I've had my Flash Intro's run slower on various PC's. You might want to run the FlashMe with a PTE program that simply calls the next "Run External Application" which is another FlashMe. I believe this is similar to what you are doing, but then each would be calling the next one. This way, if a PC runs each a little slower it wouldn't matter because they are running sequentially instead of being based on time.

I hope this helps and I'm glad that you got the path issue worked out.

Good luck,

Fred

Hi again,

I turned off the time preference option thinking the flash would run untill done and then pte would call up the second slide. What happens is, the show is running in the background so when the flash is over, we've missed some of the show. What am I doing wrong?