WnSoft Forums

Canterbury Cathedral

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mick

Was the show approved before your tried the link?

I downloaded the show, loved it & it's a definate keeper. As you know I have made many shows featuring religeous buildings. Only disappointment with this one, the control from keyboard wasn't authorised.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Mick,

Canterbury is brilliant and deserved to be awarded. By far your best AV to date. Well researched

and good, interesting script. Very good balance between voice and background music. Photography

was excellent in difficult conditions. You have got the mix of still and moving photographs correct.

Regards, Roger.

Hi Mick,

These places are wonderful for creating PTE Shows. Out of interest - do they charge for photography - any restrictions?

I spent a lot of time at Hereford Cathedral and the charge, which I was happy to pay, was 50p and tripods were OK as long as a little sense was used.

I liked your use of Full Slide Duration and also the 3D Perspective effect did not go un-noticed.

I did not particularly like the Rotation Effect.

Thanks for posting.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

The charges for photography in Churches & Cathedrals varies greatly. I usually email them before deciding whether to go. Durham was extortionate in my view so we didn't go, I think York have now removed their charges. Our last one was Wells, which was very reasonable at around £2.50 each.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Dave,

A year ago I was in Canterbury with half an hour to spare and thought I would go to the precincts to take some outside shots of the cathedral but found they wanted the full price of £10 to do that. I vowed I would never come back. But later some relatives wanted to visit the cathedral so I relented and paid the £10 and gift aided it which meant I could go back any time for the next year. There was no extra charge for photography and I could use a monopod with care (not sure about a tripod as I didn't take one) and flash with sensitivity if I had wanted. Also the guides were extremely helpful and pointed me to various points of interest that I might have missed plus I also got one of the head guides to vet my script for accuracy. So for me I thought it was £10 well spent.

Sorry you did not like the rotation shot of the inside of the tower but I thought that it would relate it better to the outside shot but thanks for you other comments

Thoroughly enjoyed that Mick. I'm not a fan of voice overs but that was one of the better one's I've heard. Very interesting fact about Beckett. Most of which I didn't know.

Can you clarify one point: They asked for £10 to take outside shots of the building? Was that from the sidewalks or did you have to go onto their land etc?

Hi Andrew,

You cannot see very much of the cathedral from the streets and the whole cathedral is surrounded by buildings and walls so you have to go through one of the gates to get into the precincts and this is where they charge you £10 which covers you for inside and out.