WnSoft Forums

Music on my slideshow breaks up

jongru2

I just finished a great slideshow with music and about 150 great pictures. I ran it on my Toshiba notebook and it was fantastic. Same on my desktop. Win 98se. I took the finished product out and my client used an etower 633ids older machine with ME on it. The pictures run great but the audio runs great for a bit then stops for a bit, then starts again, etc. I did a diagnostic on the control panel and noticed the computer only has 64 mb. Could that be the problem. Lots of other programs showing on the desktop..Please advise...thanks jongru...

jongru2,

Sounds like the older computer can't handle the demands a slideshow with music is putting on it. I sometimes test my slideshows on an old pc and have the same problems. Not enough RAM and processing power, etc.

You'll see elsewhere on this forum some general rules that can maximize the chances the slideshow will work on most computers:

-use MP3 music files not WAV files. You can convert music files with various free software.

-keep you picture sizes less than 200 kb (generally 100 to 200 kb). Again, there is free software available to do this.

Even then, it is unlikely the computer you describe will play most slideshows with music.

Bubba

Thanks Bubba,

That's what I thought, but wouldn't the fact that it is running ME and that the pictures side of things works well. I am going to beef the ram to the maximum of 256 MB. I hope that will do it, if not I will probably try to get the client to upgrade......jongru :rolleyes: