WnSoft Forums

ILULISSAT AND THE ICE FJORD

New slideshow: 46 slides; 5m.12s; 1920x1200.

Icebergs are called Ilulissat in Greenlandic. Ilulissat is the third largest town in Greenland and is set in marvellous surroundings at Ilulissat Icefjord which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here enormous icebergs run aground at the mouth of the fjord, just ouside the town, which originate from the Jakobshavn Glacier, one of the most productive glaciers in the northern hemisphere.

These photographs were taken during a recent visit in early June this year.

Can be downloaded at http://www.slideshowclub.com - Ilulissat and the Ice Fjord

Maureen

Awesome Maureen. Particularly since we are visiting our son in Cambridge Bay Nunavut. Comparing your landscape to ours... Same, but we do not have any icebergs. But the the ice is just breaking up in the Northwest Passage...

Dick

Dave - hopefully more when I can get my head around sorting them out. I took so many images I hardly knew where to start. Thought I'd get the Icefjord out of the way first.

Maureen

Dick

Cambridge Bay sounds an interesting place to visit. We encountered a great deal of ice on our trip which prevented some planned landings and meant an extra day at sea; however, it can be expected on a trip such as this.

Maureen