WnSoft Forums

Time lapse converter

Please add option to convert jpeg images with numerical filename sort into video. I think video converter utilizes ffmpeg which supports command line option to join jpeg images.

Yes, I know I could do this in PTE by importing all of the images and setting no transition and 1/30 second duration and then publishing as video, but that's not as easy as a dedicated time lapse converter.

Also it would be nice if you could extract 1/N frames from normal speed video to create time lapse video. This is also a feature of ffmpeg command line.

Thanks,
Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Please add option to convert jpeg images into video. I think video converter utilizes ffmpeg which supports command line option to join jpeg images.

Yes, I know I could do this in PTE by importing all of the images and setting no transition and 1/30 second duration and then publishing as video, but that's not as easy as a dedicated time lapse converter.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Did you pick up that your FZ150 software can do this?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

No. I was not aware that the FZ150 camera included time lapse conversion (jpeg -> video) software. As soon as I read the words Motion JPEG I thought of a codec. I am not sure I want to load more software on my PC, even if it comes with the camera.

Like Lin said, there is plenty of software that can do this including most video editors from Adobe, Corel, etc. Since PTE is already using ffmpeg/x264 it should not be too hard to add this to the video converter. If I do time lapse often I might buy dedicated time lapse conversion software.

Thanks,

Tom