WnSoft Forums

Annie & Vagn Sailing in Greece Turkey & Egypt.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

We met Annie & Vagn during our second year sailing the Med', they arrived in Aguadulce in Spain shortly after us, following their voyage from Denmark. We have maintained our friendship & they visited us in North Yorkshire 4 years ago & this week stayed with us for a couple of days. They now have a new yacht in Greece, "Diva" and brought with them pictures from their travels from the last few years. I have put them into a simple show. Unfortunately, they were taken at a low res' which didn't allow much room for editing.

Mechanics. size 17MB, download from Dropbox, 69 slides, 4 sound files, run time 7 minutes.

Yachtsman1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnlp458gibo2wvd/Annie%20%26%20Vagn%20in%20Greece%20Turkey%20%26%20Egypt..zip

post-5560-0-56344500-1405606599_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

Thanks for providing a video. I'm on a tablet more often than PC these days. Living on a boat would be fun for awhile but I don't know if I could do it all the time. Over here some retired people have giant motor homes (land yachts) that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and tow their cars. I think they must sell their homes to afford such big vehicles. Many spend the winters in the southern states (snowbirds).

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Thanks for providing a video. I'm on a tablet more often than PC these days. Living on a boat would be fun for awhile but I don't know if I could do it all the time. Over here some retired people have giant motor homes (land yachts) that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and tow their cars. I think they must sell their homes to afford such big vehicles. Many spend the winters in the southern states (snowbirds).

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom

The boat is for sale! When we first met them they had a much smaller boat "Bonita" around 28ft, similar to our first one Tranquillity. "Diva" is a Westerly Oceanquest, see http://www.williamsandsmithells.com/used-boat/?Make=Westerly&Model=Oceanquest&BoatID=4757794

if you are interested, could get you a good discount for a private sale. :rolleyes:

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

I don't think I have enough vacation time to sail her 14,000 km. At 100 km per day average it would take about 4 1/2 months. :(

I like to live next to the ocean but not in it. :)

Thanks,

Tom