WnSoft Forums

Something Changed in Video Editing?

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Just started a new "lamp" show. Took some stills & video, wanted to extract two sections from the same video clip, used the convert function to crop & extracted the first clip, then added it to the show, re-introduced the master clip into the converter, cropped & extracted a second section, went back to the main screen to add the second clip & the first clip was showing the "video not found" warning for the first clip. I assume the conversion process had overwritten the first converted clip. It didn't do that previously. I'm using 8.05, made many similar actions with previous versions with no problems other than trying to sort which clip was which from the same master.

I asked for some sort of auto re-numbering when carrying out this action last year, or the year before, as far as I know, this wasn't actioned. Stu suggested a work around at the time to differentiate between converted clips, but I've forgotton it was so long ago.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-64640600-1406844029_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Just found a workaround, after converting the first section, rename the master by right clicking, select "rename" I just added the suffix "a". If this is a bug, this is a workaround, if it isn't maybe the "how to" should be added to the "help" file?

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-65458800-1406846107_thumb.jp

May I offer an alternative solution while you await Igor's comments?

When you convert the movie for the second occasion change the name of the converted file by adding the suffix to the DESTINATION FILE. Click on the BROWSE Button to choose destination folder and name.

post-2488-0-77277000-1406880892_thumb.jp

DG

P.S. http://docs.picturestoexe.com/en/video/addvid?convert_video

Guest Yachtsman1

DG

I assume you missed the word "name" from your post. In the past I have always removed the converted file before adding it a second time, your screen shot appears to have two clips in the converter?

Yachtsman1.

Just looked at your screen shot again & IMO the word "destination" is a bit confusing, shouldn't it read "converted file"?

Yachtsman1.

I would go along with "Destination / File Name".

It offers you the opportunity to change both the File Name and the Destination Folder.

DG