WnSoft Forums

Two or more Files - Backup to Zip

JEB

Igor,

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, can we have an improvement to the information provided in the “Information” box when two or more files with the same name are detected when performing a back up to zip?

I am aware that there are a number of “clever cloggs” within our community who are so well organised that they never make such stupid, careless errors but I don't think I am the only normal human being within the community! (Tongue in cheek joke).

If the program can detect the filed locations of such files surely it must know in which positions they are and can give us that information.

Forgive me if I am being naive but this must surely be a simple task.

Regards

John

Which PTE version do you use? I made a test with 7.5.10, and 8.0.6. Both versions indicate just one conflict when trying to produce a backup in zip (but not all conflicts at the same time). So you can solve one conflict, start the backup process again, and then you handle the next one .....

Regards,

jt

post-9813-0-03829100-1409961638_thumb.jp

Hi,

As you know PTE tells you which files are in conflict with each other and where they are on your computer BUT NOT where they are in your sequence. That is my issue.

I regularly work with sequences that have 200 + slides many with multiple files. Frequently these files are coming to me over a period of time from several different individuals. All files are located in different folders on my hard drive. If PTE could tell me that the issues are in slide 29 and slide 129 this would in most cases assist greatly in resolving the issue.

I quite agree one conflict at a time is acceptable, though more at a time could be helpful in tracing the source I believe.

It just seems to me that when PTE provides so much detail regarding the original location of the file on the hard drive why not the location in the sequence.

I'm using 8.0.6.

Regards and still hopefully.

John