WnSoft Forums

Error

bjf123

I just downloaded the 4.20 version so that I could try to create an avi file. I've opened my project and then I click on the video button, then select one of the format options, then select the file name and where to save the avi file, and then click Save; that's when the error occurs. It doesn't matter which option I select, Custom AVI, VCD, SVCD, or DVD, when I click on Create AVI and then give it a file name and place to save, I get an error that says "catCantCreateFile". The same error occurs if I click on Preview. Am I missing something? I'm running Win98.

Guest Techman1

BJF123,

Welcome to the forum. Are you trying to create your slideshow presentation in Syncronized mode with music included? As you may know, this is required to create an AVI file. If you are, can you advise exactly what message you are receiving when you are unable to create the avi file?

Thanks and please let us know.

Fred

I have a project I created two years ago that is an exe file. I'm trying to use the same project and create a VCD. I'm able to open the project with no trouble. I just can't get it to create the AVI file. It doesn't matter if I try to do a custom AVI or a VCD. I can get as far as being prompted for the file name. When I click Save, I get the error I mentioned in my first post. "catCantCreateFile". That's all it says.

If you are trying to save the file as, e.g., mymovie.avi and that file already exists, PTE can't overwrite it.

Delete that file first in Windows. Does that solve your problem?

Ray

What version of Windows are you using? It could be that you don't have permission to create files at all!