WnSoft Forums

Publish as avi function - PTE can't locate image files

Fersigo

Hi, I'm running PTE deluxe 8.0.9. I've already published a slideshow as mp4 and it worked fine. Now I want to publish the same slideshow as avi, but PTE can't seem to locate the image files. I get a black screen with a blue band across it - please see attached screenshot post-6730-0-29101900-1418417097_thumb.jp. In fact I get the same result whichever format I try to publish it in. A friend who is very experienced in PTE (Anthony Brewer) has tried publishing one of his slideshows as avi and has the same issue.

Please can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Almost certainly, your images are stored on an external USB device that is not connected or has connected but with a different drive letter to that which it had when you built the PTE project.

Be aware that PTE does not copy any of your images into the PTE project. It simply adds pointers to where they are located. The images (and sound and video) are added only when you Publish the project. At the point of Publish, all the source files (image, sound and video) must reside on devices that are currently connected and with the same drive letter as they had previously.

Peter

Hi Fersigo,

Following our earlier contact this evening I couldn't come up with an answer to your issue in writing the AVI files. Though I have never wanted to do this before I tried writing the same and experiencing initially a similar result to you. I wondered if this was an intermittent bug so I tried various tests on earlier versions which I still have installed on my laptop. I have to admit in becoming rather confused at all the different results with different project files on different versions of PtE. Not very scientific at all.

So I did some simple projects with 2 or 3 slides and it seems to be related to the saving of each project separately before trying to write in a different format, ie HD or AVI.

Whether this is the correct answer I don't know? But it works now every time for me and will hopefully for you too. I am sure the clever chaps here on the forum will be able to give a concise explanation.

Where did you get the impression that I was experienced??? Certainly not from me.

Anthony

Many thanks to everyone for taking the trouble to reply - much appreciated.

As it turned out, Anthony's solution worked - I just opened the existing project file in PTE and re-saved it under a different filename and hey presto! I now have a shiny new avi file which works fine. I don't know if this made difference but I had originally started working on the slideshow in an earlier version of PTE (around 7.5-ish) and then finished it after upgrading to 8.0.9. As Peter hinted in his post, it may be that the paths to the files had somehow been lost during the upgrade even though they are stored on an internal hard drive and I haven't moved any folders around.

Thanks again folks,

Regards,

John