WnSoft Forums

Jumping Images

DawnG

Hi Everyone....so glad to be back here among such wonderful helpful members :)

I have a quick question.... I just upgraded to the newest version and was so tickled to find so many creative transitions offered. I downloaded quite a few and used many of them in the video of my daughter's recent wedding. After burning to DVD, I was kinda shocked to see images jumping forward and back right after and before transitions. It took me a few minutes to figure out that it was the non installed transitions that seemed to be causing the jumping. I have them all on a 2 second transition timeframe. I didn't see any of this during the viewing through PTE.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have not tried every single one but the problem seems to be apparent with the Morasoft group, all the grow/shrink to corners and even the revolver. I just downloaded a few others, the zoom and tilt from Ken, and noticed that even during the view effect mode before applying, the images are jumping.

I am so disappointed :(:::

You are going to have to be more specific.

Which transition - and what exactly do you mean by "jumping"?

The best possible way forward is to create a 2 slide project with a problem transition and then use create "Backup in zip" and post it here. If it is too big to post use Dropbox or MF and post a link.

DG

You are going to have to be more specific.

Which transition - and what exactly do you mean by "jumping"?

The best possible way forward is to create a 2 slide project with a problem transition and then use create "Backup in zip" and post it here. If it is too big to post use Dropbox or MF and post a link.

DG

What format should I make it? Just before the transition, the leaving image jumps forward, and then once the new image comes in that also jumps or 'jerks'. I am noticing it is with every single transition except the inline transitions for PTE. The transitions without these are fine. There was one image where I was zooming out and a couple seconds before the transition, this image leaps back and had to zoom out again....not all the way but a little less than half.

My sincere apologies.....this was my error. I thought I had made all the project option changes for DVD, but there was one I hadn't. Once I made the change there were only a couple transitions that were kind of 'jerky'.

Thank you so so very much for lending a hand though.....truly appreciated :D

what change did you make?

you are leaving the forum in the dark

ken

Hi Ken,

Sorry....didn't mean to disappear into the darkness :)

I double checked the manual and realized the things I hadn't changed was was TV Screen Aspect Ratio to 16:9 and Video Type to 'auto' . Once I made those changes everything look much much better. Though as I said, there were 2 tiny 'ticks' where the transition wasn't smooth, but all the rest of the image bouncing disappeared.

thks Dawn

others will benefit by your info

ken

Thanks for shaking my cage Ken :) I was thinking I was the ONLY one who experienced this and didn't think to elaborate. Should do that anyway from now on lol

LOL - I just got back from the hospital visiting Lisah - a total "white-out" for 12 miles... forecast is for snow every day for the next seven days and that's as far as the forecast goes. I think I may have to hook up Lisah's four Chihuahuas and old Honey dog to a sled to get back and forth... that could make an interesting slide show...

Lin

I am from Rhode Island, up until 12 years ago when we escaped to sunny Arizona.....and I just cannot fathom the snow situation back there!!! For years we shuddered about an remake of the blizzard of '78.....every time it snowed everyone ran out to the market to get the 'basics' lol But this year tops anything in my 50+ year memory!! On weather.com it showed 8 foot walls of snow on each side of a shoveled walk! Snow just about up to the top of the door and dogs looking to go outside! Poor babies :( And one pic showed people trying to remove about 6-8 feet of snow off a roof! It was way up over their heads as they worked to get some of it off before a cave in!

And here we are with little to NO winter cool down this year or last. I am still shaking my head.....

Guest Yachtsman1

One of the reasons we left North Yorkshire was the snow, the van I was converting to a Campervan was stuck on the drive for 6 weeks, the other two pictures are from the winter of 1947 in Leyburn NY where we moved from, not much change there. Southport, where we live now, we haven't seen any snow this winter.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-69829600-1424906919_thumb.jppost-5560-0-75433000-1424906938_thumb.jppost-5560-0-10811800-1424906952_thumb.jp

One of the reasons we left North Yorkshire was the snow, the van I was converting to a Campervan was stuck on the drive for 6 weeks, the other two pictures are from the winter of 1947 in Leyburn NY where we moved from, not much change there. Southport, where we live now, we haven't seen any snow this winter.

Yachtsman1.

attachicon.gifs3.jpgattachicon.gifs1.jpgattachicon.gifs2.jpg

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I can see why you moved to where you are now. At least there is life outside the door during the winter :)