WnSoft Forums

Animation with Xara 3d

landsberger

I've used Xara 3D to create an animated title, I want to this on the first slide of my project. Xara says this must be exported as an animated as a gif.

When I try to import this gif into Pte it runs out of memory and crashes

Does anyone have any experience of using Xara 3D and getting the resulting gifs into Pte?

John

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi John

I've used animated Gifs produced by others in PTE with no problems. I know others produce their own with no problems. I think you need to give further info on what happens with your Xara 3D Gif, (error messages, hardware capabilities).

Yachtsman1

Hi John,

A lot depends on the amount of resources you have in your system and with an animated GIF how large the file is. If you can post the amount of RAM on your video card and the size of the GIF perhaps I can make some suggestions. It may be that you need to export your GIF from Xara in a smaller pixel size. I'm assuming that you are running a Windows operating system. If so, you can get the specifications of your GPU (video card) by "Start" "Run" then type in DXDIAG then press Enter. Then read out the video and system resources and post here.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin & Eric

Attached is the DXDIAG.txt

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

Intel I7 950 3.07 GHz

Ram 12288mb

GTX 660 2048mb GDDR5

Xara 3D Maker v7

PTE Deluxe 8.0.12

Gif file is 600 x 300 pixels 16 bit color (16mb can't get it any smaller when exporting from Xara)

Hope this is enough info

Have tried the Animation in Pte but the text is pretty basic and I cannot get that to work properly, I want to get the gif text to start small and then zoom larger.

John

DxDiag.txt

Hi John,

You have plenty of resources to run that - can you link to the actual GIF file and I'll try to sort it for you. The zoom is very easy - just a couple keyframes so I'll make you a sample and you can modify as needed.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi John

I've never made a gif myself so I'm guessing. I've attached one I downloaded from the internet & the animation lasts around 1.5 seconds & is repeated add infinitum. It is under 1MB, I would assume if you reduce the animation time & increase the frequency on yours, this would reduce the size, but I'm only guessing. I would like to make my own but haven't the patience at present, maybe soon, along with a 1001 other things.

Regs Eric

Yachtsman1.post-5560-0-43240200-1427128625_thumb.gi

Hi Lin & Eric

This is driving me nuts this morning I tried to create a new gif using the text from the macro.jpg and it came out at 49mb!

Needless to say I gave up after it completely crashed PTE. I am doing this to help out a friend who is giving a presentation on Macro at a local camera club in a couple of weeks time, he wants to run the presentation manually as he will be speaking about the topic.

Attached is the background slide I want to put the animated gif on. I have attached a jpg of the text and finally a gif I just created from scratch which has come out really small this time.

What I want is for the word Macro! to zoom from small to large and then stop there until the slide is changed.

I must admit that the Xara help is not the best and patience has been tested to the limit.

John

post-1529-0-14733200-1427207618_thumb.gi

post-1529-0-10339300-1427207638_thumb.jp

post-1529-0-36709600-1427207794_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi John

I downloaded a free GIF maker this morning & contaminated my PC, spent the next hour getting rid. I'm a firm believer in finding simpler ways to do things & your last post suggested it could be done using a PNG file. My demo is a rough version using your images which I couldn't resize for some reason. The word MACRO was cut from a JPEG, If it was for me I would have erased the black background using the elements eraser. I couldn't get the forum to allow posting the Exe although it was below the limit, so I had to convert it to video & post it on YouTube, the shuddering on the animation is YouTube, the Exe is as smooth as silk.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Eric

Thanks for your effort and my sincere sympathy over the free gif maker, Xara has some super 3D effects that is why I have it, I also have Aurora 3D Text & Logo creator but it doesn't seem any more friendly than Xara.

For some reason the animated gif I uploaded didn't show in my post but it is there, it is the blank space to the left of the macro.jpg, the tif file has a transparent background maybe that is why it is invisible.

Unfortunately Xara doesn't appear to offer the creation of a png file or if it does I can't find it!

John

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi John

I can now see your Macro GIF by clicking in the "blank" space to the left of the macro JPEG. IMO PTE does a much better job creating a similar effect using the method in my post. A PNG file is a file format as is JPEG & creating one is included in most photo editing programmes, mine is Adobe Elements 10, so if you have PShop or Elements or one of the freebies such as Gimp you should be able to do what you want without resorting to creating a Gif.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-53850500-1427273377_thumb.jp