WnSoft Forums

Coming Soon

Inspired by Lin's use of Clouds I am playing with the use of GoPro Time Lapse Video in PTE Projects for similar effects.

The final version will probably NOT have the clouds moving throughout the show - it looks to be a little distracting. For Intros etc it looks promising.

The Trailer:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70942558/Project34.zip

DG

Hi Dave,

Looks very interesting - I love the idea of timelapse and the ability of some of the new software to manipulate them in very interesting ways such as adding multiple frames to smooth the appearance such as frame blend motion blur - that GoPro is going to be fun!! Looking forward to seeing more!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin,

I had a problem downloading from the original Link so I changed it to a ZIP Folder - Sounds like it was unecessary because you were able to d/l.

That was not my original idea for getting the GoPro but it occured to me that Clouds are another use to which I can put it.

The conversion to B+W is easily done in the GP Software and there are many options for output. Finding the right one is a little daunting.

PTE reduces the size of the video to a fraction of the original but only when outputting Video - EXEs are LARGE!

DG

Hi Dave,

The "secret" to getting small exe files with your project is to output a video, convert the video with PTE then load the video into a new project, sharpen it a bit then export as an exe. PTE will then only add a tiny bit to the size of the video and there is virtually no quality loss.

Best regards,

Lin

Good idea Lin,

I haven't tried that yet - it might work with a bit of pre planning.

This is 4k in-camera time lapse video and obviously is handy to be able to zoom into the scene with no losses. The "old-fashioned" method of time lapse is also available in HD format but involves the use of the software to get the final video. Lots of options and much experimenting to do.

DG

Lin,

I tried the following:

I used 20 seconds of the Converted GoPro Clouds in a single slide and created a 20 second EXE - good quality and around 28Mb.

I created a 20 second MP4 of the single slide and inserted it (after conversion) into a single slide.

The resulting EXE was indeed smaller (18Mb) but the quality took a hit - If I didn't know what the original looked like maybe it would have been borderline acceptable but knowing what it looked like with the original I don't think that I would use it.

Sharpness wasn't an issue - in fact a little blurring might help.

It is going to be a struggle to get EXE file sizes down when using Video but for USB/TV Video (MP4) applications it is great.

DG