WnSoft Forums

MY UP-CYCLED POLAROID 800 LAND CAMERA.

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Since my pre Christmas op' I had put my camera conversions on hold. In the meantime I have been acquiring a collection of 8 Polaroid Land cameras, mostly from the US as prices, even including shipping are much better than those in Europe. I had converted one last year but this time thought I would use Polaroid lighting as opposed to an add on. So this one has a Polaroid "wink" light fitted with a 12 volt 3 watt LED, which is about as large as you would want to go if you want to prevent overheating. The 240/12v LED driver is fitted in the 800 body & I managed to utilise the original hot shoes to transmit the power from the camera to the wink light. Wooden tripods are the in thing here for displaying up-cycled theatre lights, consequently their prices are astronomical. So after searching around, I found early cheepo telescopes were supplied with wooden tripods. I've been able to acquire 4 by judicious bidding on ebay for the cost of a genuine vintage item. As usual I've put a show together & it's on YouTube, runs for 2 minutes, with a voice over, one music track & 17 slides.

Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Very interesting. I remember using a Polaroid instant film camera probably in the early '70s. It was amazing at the time. How times have changed.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Very interesting. I remember using a Polaroid instant film camera probably in the early '70s. It was amazing at the time. How times have changed.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom glad you were interested. It's amazing how many models were made, the one in the show weighs 2 kg which is probably one of the reasons they eventually faded away. Some of them I've seen suffered from interior rust & chemical burns where the films leaked. I've still got an original film sealed in its packaging & some flash bulbs which came as packages with the cameras I've bought. The picture shows the latest version.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-51925600-1432663408_thumb.jp