WnSoft Forums

A Polaroid Leitz & Smith Lamp Conversion Amalgam

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I've just completed converting a 1950's Polaroid 80A Land Camera to a lamp. This show tells the story of the conversion & includes the conversion & a little history of the components. It's a little longer than usual at 16 minutes +. However there are over 100 images & video clips, together with five music tracks & three voice over tracks. It's on YouTube, & this time there was an added situation uploading that I haven't encountered before. I suspect it is some sort of ploy by YT to get more personal information from the up-loader which may result in more spam. What happened was, as the up-load was completing, I got a message saying that due to the length of the video, they had to verify I was genuine & not a machine. This meant I had to give them my phone number & they would text a code to enable the up-load to complete. I did & the up-load completed. It wasn't until afterwards I began to wonder why??? If I start to get lots of spurious text messages, I'll know why???

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-20509200-1436956139_thumb.jppost-5560-0-19704200-1436956154_thumb.jppost-5560-0-38528300-1436956187_thumb.jppost-5560-0-64725700-1436956304_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

Interesting reflection from the wall and the silhouette of the camera. Lots of good historical information too. Cameras have sure changed in the last 20 years.

Slightly off topic.

What I would like to have in the ceiling of my bedroom is a combination planetarium and laser light show. I'm sure they make such devices now. I just need to make a spherical dome first. :)

Thanks,

Tom