WnSoft Forums

Deleting an area in an image?

Highland

Inexperienced, with PixBuilder, I would appreciate some basic hand-holding.

1. The term "cropping": does it mean <deleting> a section of the image or <saving> that section and deleting the rest?

2. In the "free" version of PixBulder, how do I <designate> an area to be eliminated and then how do I <erase> that area?

I do not find tcrropping covered in the Help; perhaps too elementary.

Thanks. ..... Highland

Inexperienced, with PixBuilder, I would appreciate some basic hand-holding.

1. The term "cropping": does it mean <deleting> a section of the image or <saving> that section and deleting the rest?

2. In the "free" version of PixBulder, how do I <designate> an area to be eliminated and then how do I <erase> that area?

I do not find tcrropping covered in the Help; perhaps too elementary.

Thanks. ..... Highland

Hello Highland,

Well, the term 'crop' means to remove part of a image while retaining a wanted part. You can select any area within an image and remove all parts of the image outside the bounded area, leaving you with just the selected area. To do this, select the Marquee tool - top left in the toolbox - and drag a frame around what you wish to keep in your image. Then choose Edit/Crop Selection and the image will be cropped. Read the help files and try to get a handle on what the various tools do. It's a reasonable learning curve, but worth doing if you want to become fluent it the use of this program.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi,

Just playing with Google photos and sharing. I guess it's just a youtube video although I don't see it in my youtube video list. Interesting.

Using crop tool and select tool, inverse select tool (ctrl+i), and delete select (ctrl+d). Faststone Capture save to Google Photos as wmv file.

https://goo.gl/photos/AAKqnmtyBfaHZ4Tq8

PBS written by Sergey (I think) about 10 years ago is still a useful graphics editor. Small size and fast. The save with preview option is really good.

Thanks,

Tom