WnSoft Forums

Guest Yachtsman1

Two weeks ago we went to Spain to attend one of our Granddaughters wedding. I made a show of the wedding, this show covers the 6 days we were not involved with the wedding. I thought I wouldn't be able to upload it to any of the hosting sites as it was over 400MB. This evening I received an Email from Vimeo which I joined a few weeks ago as another string to my storage bow. I didn't realise I could up-load up to 500MB per month free, so I have just uploaded it to there.

Mechanics, It is 425MB, so I don't assume there will be many wanting to upload what is essentially a set of holiday snaps. There are 150+ slides 10% of which I downloaded from the internet, & 20+ video clips & it runs for 24 minutes with 9 music tracks & a full length voice over. It was made for our family enjoyment as it contains memories of our sailing life in the Med'. WARNING, it contains graphic scenes of Spanish bullfighting. It took over 2 hours to up-load this video & it had only reached the SD stage, hopefully this link will enable it to be streamed live. https://vimeo.com/137287303

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-10696800-1440542700_thumb.jppost-5560-0-50573400-1440542713_thumb.jppost-5560-0-11739500-1440542725_thumb.jp

Nice slideshow although I quit watching during the bullfighting. Audio quality was great. Maybe Audacity is good enough and I don't need Goldwave.

Interesting how Vimeo seems to be better at cross fades between slides than YouTube. Less noise and pixelation.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

Glad someone watched it. I watched it again after the first upload & the quality was poor much lower than YouTube. I'm wondering if the quality has improved since it was fully rendered. I've had an Email from Vimeo this morning saying my 500MB per week storage is almost full. Can someone explain that, this is my first Vimeo Up-load to my free account, does this mean I've only got 16MB left for this week, or 16MB left after this week?

post-5560-0-23951900-1440572048_thumb.jp

Sorry the bullfighting put you off, but it is part of Spain's culture & looks like it's still popular, although I thought it had been banned in certain areas, mainly in the north. After the fights we saw, I would imagine it wouldn't be long before Spain has to come in-line with the rest of the EU. Similar situation here with foxhunting, which looks like re-legalising it is back on the political agenda. On the TV news after the fights they showed crowds of animal rights people outside the arena protesting.

Re the sound, I don't know if it is my age , my ears or my brain, but I really struggled putting this one together. The music is from the wedding video & I recorded the VO directly into Audacity via my cheepo logitech mike, earphone combo, with a cushion in front of the PC to try to cut down background noise. Then I used the noise removal feature, & added silence where needed & used the envelope tool to lower the music when I was speaking. There are lots of new features in the latest version of Audacity, I would estimate I only use 5%, similar to my use of PTE's bells & whistles.

Hopefully I will be able to up-load the wedding video next week, at present it's being distributed by DVD, that one is a bit more light hearted.

I didn't take this picture, it was one of the 4 professionals.

post-5560-0-45316200-1440571950_thumb.jp

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.