WnSoft Forums

Need help FAST! Syncing slides and program only allowing 1:55 of

standingstones

I've got sync slides to music selected but it's not doing it! Help! I have a song that's 3:48 secs and the program is only giving me 1:55 of it, no matter how slow I choose the transition. Same if I choose a song that's 2:55, or any. Help! I have a presentation in just a couple hours! I just upgraded my computer and was forced to upgrade to a new version of pte. Never had a problem with this before! I LOVED the older versions!

I've got sync slides to music selected but it's not doing it! Help! I have a song that's 3:48 secs and the program is only giving me 1:55 of it, no matter how slow I choose the transition. Same if I choose a song that's 2:55, or any. Help! I have a presentation in just a couple hours! I just upgraded my computer and was forced to upgrade to a new version of pte. Never had a problem with this before! I LOVED the older versions!

Greetings,

If I understand you correctly, you want to spread all of the images over the length of the song. If so, see the attached. Click on that icon and you will see 'Spread All Slides to Soundtrack'.

See if that works... Gary

post-1794-0-74527100-1443463928_thumb.jp

The Project Options|Music 'Sync Music With Slides' will keep, whatever slide is displayed, the music synchronized with the correct time point along the timeline. So when you stop and start the show, the music stays at the same point in time.

You have to 'Spread All Slides to Soundtrack' to do what I think you are asking.

Gary

Hi,

Do you have the deluxe or essential version of PTE? Just to be certain we are on the same page here....

If the colors don't look right, it's more likely that you have not saved them in sRGB colorspace. That's the first thing to look at. You said you have a new computer and it's possible that it's set up so you are seeing other than sRGB color. If you could let us know the brand and operating system and type of video card it would help a great deal.

The icon which Gary showed is found by clicking on Timeline at the bottom right of your screen when you are in the slide view screen. The timeline button by default in on the bottom right of the display. You can also get there by clicking on "Settings" at the top of your opening screen then choose "Timeline" from the menu or press the keyboard F6 key at any time.

Could you possibly do a screen capture and show where you found the "fit all slides to soundtrack"?

Best regards,

Lin

PTE and the vast majority of displays and systems use sRGB colorspace. When you adjust photos in some editing software such as Photoshop, you have a choice of saving to different colorspaces which have a different gamut. The way to find out is to take one of your images into Photoshop if you have it and save it but look carefully and see if it's being saved to an ICC Profile followed by sRGB. If it's being saved to other such as CMYK or to Adobe RGB, etc., it won't look right in PTE.

The chances are that the problem may be in the default setup of your display. Since it's a custom system, it might be best to contact the person who built it and ask about the colorspace. Which version of Windows are you using? Are you using the same display as on your old system? That could be where the problem is.

If you could save a quick small show with a couple slides and link it so I can have a look I'll see if the colors look correct on my displays.

If you go to your "control panel" in Windows then to Display, Settings, Advanced, you will see a tab which says "Color Management" - that's where you would check to see if the display and video card are set to something other than sRGB..

Unless you are using your new system for your presentation, my guess is that your show will look just fine on a different system. It's just going to be a matter of correcting the colorspace issue and you should be fine...

Best regards,

Lin

Yes, but is your display and video card set to the default or using a different colorspace? Which version of Windows do you have on your new system? If you follow the procedure I just marked in bold on my earlier post above on your new system you can see if there is any specific colorspace being used by your video card and display.

Above is what my control panel looks like but until I know which version of Windows you are using I can't be certain that your will be identical - but you should be able to figure it out from the general procedure...

controlpanel.jpg

Best regards,

Lin