WnSoft Forums

TV Slideshow Picture slightly larger than screen

MelBuryManu

I have a modern Panasonic flat screen 16x9 TV together with a high quality Panasonic DVD player.

When I publish a slide show using DVD-Video Disc for players connected to a television the TV picture bleeds off the screen slightly on all 4 sides.

I have exchanged emails with Panasonic Support but they have been less than helpful.

I believe this problem may be related to modern TVs which have changed format slightly.

I use Verbatim disks.

Would be most grateful for some help.

All DVD/TV setups have a "TV Safe" Zone which varies from brand to brand and was greater on CRT TVs than on modern LCD (etc) TVs.

If you use a figure of AROUND 90-93% for your TV you will not be far out. (Experiment).

For your own viewing on your own TV you would be far better off using the "Publish as HD Video" option and outputting as an MP4.

The MP4 can be transferred to a USB Memory Key and plugged into the USB port on your Panasonic TV. TV Safe area does not then come into play.

If you wish to send DVDs to friends etc then you need to take account of the 90-93% reduction in size needed to get all of the picture into play.

DG

Further to the above post, here's a Style which you could use to determine the correct percentage for your DVD Player / TV.

Import the style and apply to a blank 16:9 slide. This will produce a short 8 slide project.

Burn to DVD and try it on your setup. Whe the white line fits your TV correctly - that's the percentage you need to use.

TV Safe Zone.ptestyle

You could also use it to prove the MP4 method.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi

What size are the images you are using to construct your show? For 16 to 9 aspect ratio I use 1920x1080 pixels for my Panasonic TV & recorder. I also use the auto setting for the aspect ratio on the TV. Are you making any changes in PTE's video builder?

Yachtsman1.

Hi Dave & yachtsman

thanks very much for your help.

I have put a small show together using 5 identical slides.

I used DVD-Video Disc for players connected to a television.

Aspect ratio 16:9. Mode Full Screen. Virtual size of slide 1920 x 1080.

Each slide has a 5 pixel white stroke border. Duration 10 seconds Transition 0

Slide 1 is 90% of 1920 x 1080 = 1728 x 972.

Slide 2 is 91% of 1920 x 1080 = 1747 x 983

Slide 3 is 92% of 1920 x 1080 = 1776 x 994

Slide 4 is 93% 0f 1920 x 1080 = 1786 x 1004

Slide 5 is 94% 0f 1920 x 1080 = 1805 x 1015

When I played the show on my TV using my DVD Player all 5 slides were identical and with no sign of the white stroke border.

So the TV picture still bleeds off the screen slightly.

yachtsman - where do I find the auto setting for the aspect ratio on the TV? My TV handbook only gives 16x9 or 4x3.

I would be most grateful if you could point out my error(s).

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Dave & yachtsman

thanks very much for your help.

I have put a small show together using 5 identical slides.

I used DVD-Video Disc for players connected to a television.

Aspect ratio 16:9. Mode Full Screen. Virtual size of slide 1920 x 1080.

Each slide has a 5 pixel white stroke border. Duration 10 seconds Transition 0

Slide 1 is 90% of 1920 x 1080 = 1728 x 972.

Slide 2 is 91% of 1920 x 1080 = 1747 x 983

Slide 3 is 92% of 1920 x 1080 = 1776 x 994

Slide 4 is 93% 0f 1920 x 1080 = 1786 x 1004

Slide 5 is 94% 0f 1920 x 1080 = 1805 x 1015

When I played the show on my TV using my DVD Player all 5 slides were identical and with no sign of the white stroke border.

So the TV picture still bleeds off the screen slightly.

yachtsman - where do I find the auto setting for the aspect ratio on the TV? My TV handbook only gives 16x9 or 4x3.

I would be most grateful if you could point out my error(s).

Hi

My remote control for the TV has an ASPECT button which brings up AUTO 16-9 14-9 4-3 & Zooms 1 2 & 3, I think it's around 8 or 9 years old. If it hasn't got the aspect button I would assume the aspect is set via the menu button. You could try 1920 x 1080 slides minus the border & test that.

Yachtsman1.

Hi Dave

I opened the TV Safe Zone.ptestyle but I haven't a clue how to use it.

I haven't used Styles at all so far.

The http://docs.pictures...ques/dvdproject looks brilliant.

However I am struggling to understand the idea of attaching a blank black slide to all the other slides.

I will try and put something together.

I would appreciate your thoughts about my first effort to reduce slide sizes on the TV.

Could the parameters Aspect ratio 16:9. Mode Full Screen. Virtual size of slide 1920 x 1080 have contributed to my failure?

Kind Regards

Mel