WnSoft Forums

YouTube "Your login was incorrect." problem

DMaxx

I see others have had the problem I have with PTE giving an "incorrect password" or similar error when trying to publish to YouTube. The message I get when attempting to Publish to YouTube is, "Your login is incorrect." I'm not interested currently in adding two-step Google verification. Is there no other way to solve this?

I logged via PTE using my icloud account and got a similar response but later I got an email from icloud to say they they had stopped a request as it was from a site which did not meet their security requirements (forgot the exact wording). So I log in directly to youtube and upload the MP4 from my computer.

Mickp

Guest Yachtsman1

This has been going on for over 2 years, Igor has explained how to get around the problem, but the trouble is when someone who hasn't read the workaround tries to publish direct. IMO the facility should be discontinued until it's fool proof.

Yachtsman1.

I don't know if I would consider app passwords a workaround. Google has a recommended method for applications and devices to login. I doubt if it will change in the future. It's nice that google has put security before convenience. Usually it's the opposite and then people complain when their accounts are compromised.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Tom