WnSoft Forums

Logitech R400-800 Presenter

nelson

I am having difficulty understanding how to launch a slide show using a remote or presenter.

In the past I had an Icon on the screen and double clicked it (using a mouse) to start the show.

The presenter is mainly used for Power Point and Keynote, which I do not use.

The buttons will advance the show while playing if I want it to, but I can not figure out how to launch it.

My understanding is that it has something to do with the F5 key. Is there a way to program the show to run from the F5 key perhaps.

I have tried run application/run slideshow but do not fully understand this to be honest.

This will be used in a large venue and it will work up to 100 feet, or so the literature says.

If anyone has any insight or experience with something similar, I would appreciate any, and all advice.

Thanks,

Kieron

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Kieron

Can you describe your hardware set up, I assume you are using a digital projector? Is this connected to a laptop? If that is your set up & you can access the LT during the show, a simple menu is all that is needed. To set up a menu there are instructions in the on-line manual, or if you scroll through my shows on Youtube there are a couple of tutorials on there.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCYJnSnQ8V_CqJGDt8nQPzA

Thanks for the reply Eric,

I am using a laptop and digital projector. Windows 10 64 bit, I was hoping to just click a button unnoticed by everyone and start the show.

I will take the time to explore your videos and the on-line menu.

I came across this from Igor in an update to 8.07  "+ Up/Down keys to go next/previous slide in executable slideshow. It allows to use remote controllers which are compatible with Powerpoint. " This works to advance a show, but still looking at using the controller to Start the show.

Is there a way to assign a key (F5) to start a show or must you use a menu or click on the icon with a mouse?

One last option would be to use the keyboard/keys the old fashion way (no mouse needed) to move about the slideshow icons by highlighting them with keyboard ARROW key ... then just hit ENTER key to launch it.  Fairly simple and discrete.

* TAB key action may be required to designate/initialize the proper window panel where the slideshow icons are located. Then you just need to use the ARROW keys for selection ... then ENTER