WnSoft Forums

EE FILE NOT PLAYING FROM BEGINNING

aplman

I have a PTE show in the form of an exe file, which serves as a menu to launch other exe shows.  Occasionally, an exe show (presumably one that has already been shown) will start at the last slide instead of the first.  This might be embarrassing if it happens with a large audience.

Is there any way to ensure that the called show starts playing from the first slide?

Thank you ...  Ken T.

Ken,

PTE executables can accept a few special command line parameters that can be used when launching your slideshows.

slideshow.exe -slide n  ( where  n  is the slide number)

* First try a test by just using short & simple filenaming principles (the old KISS principle) to see if it resolves your issue. Especially no spaces or odd characters.

* It is also recommended to use the short & simple filenaming  principles in all command line strings when launching any files or executables.

List of known available special command line parameters

- slideshow.exe -cover    (for pan&scan Full Screen display)
- slideshow.exe -slide n   (for designated slide number start point)
- slideshow.exe -log -frametimes     (for testing purposes)
- slideshow.exe -desktopalign   (for maintaining desktop display alignment)
- slideshow.exe -display 2   (for multiple display uses)

* please note multiple parameters can be used in the same command line string ... maintain proper individual parameter spacing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Stu, I agree with your advice about stuff we learnt back in the good old DOS days.  However, I am not using batch files.  I am simply using the PTE facility in Project Options / Control / Advanced / Run Slideshow on exit.  PTE seems not to provide for any variations there, so I expect the called slideshow to start from the beginning.

I suspect it is a bug.  Any further ideas will be very welcome, especially from Wnsoft people  -  Thank you.

Ken T.

Ken,

Ive used these parameters many times within PTE objects (Action on Click)

Its possible to run all parameters without the need of a batch file within the execution strings of button/objects and advanced controls. Works with Run Slideshow and Run Application.

You must manually type/enter the parameters to the command line string ... make sure to maintain proper format and spacing.

* I believe the parameter "- slideshow.exe -log -frametimes "  is only  applicatable to specific older versions of PTE  during product development.

* All other parameters except one were usable on EXE builds since start of V5 . The one exception is "- slideshow.exe -display 2  is usable on  EXE with V5.7 and later builds.   

See attachment

parameter.jpg