WnSoft Forums

Can't Publish to YouTube

BarryH

I have downloaded the Trial version of PTE and made a small but very basic slideshow. When I try to "Publish" to YouTube, I get a pop-up telling I have entered the wrong details. Then I get an email from YouTube letting me know that someone has tried to log into my account with an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.

Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Hi Barry,

There is a solution to this but it might take me a little while to find it.

I have never done it that way - I always make an MP4 and upload that to YouTube - never fails and you can see the quality on your PC before uploading.

DG

Hello Dave, thanks for taking the time to reply, really appreciated. The file I was trying to upload to YouTube had the MP4 extension at the back of it.

I made the small slideshow and just clicked on Publish, then the YouTube button.

To add to the above, I converted the slideshow to MP4 then went into my YT account and managed to upload it. The problem I have now is the slideshow only uses part of the YT screen, whereas on my PC it is full size. I used the 16:9 aspect ration.

Thanks for all the help Dave, that fixed the size problem but the video quality seems worse than when I converted to MP4 with Standard setting. I save my finished images in Photoshop, is there a min/max quality I can use? Most of the images in the short video were saved at 10.

Before I converted to MP4, I published using the Executable File to PC. Clicked on that and watched it on my PC.

The quality issue depends on a lot of factors. I use "Save For The Web" at around 80% with my 24MP cameras and that is MORE than enough.

Are all of your images 1920x1080 or bigger?

Give us something to look at so that we can judge the quality for ourselves and state where you think that you have lost quality.

Keep transitions simple and you should be OK. YouTube is great at degrading shows.

mpc-hc is recommended.

Hello Dave, it's not so much the image quality as the file size I'm trying to reduce. When I convert to MP4 and then upload to YouTube, even with a small "trial" slideshow it takes almost 20 minutes. I thought if I reduced the image quality in Photoshop from say 10 down to 6 or 7 it would help as it also reduces the file size.

I was mainly wondering if there was an optimal image quality when saving from Photoshop. I did see a video on YouTube where they mentioned saving in Photoshop but, as always I can't find it now.

Added On: I just found this which is part of a .PDF from Bedford Camera Club.

c) Saving – Use ‘Save As’ & save into "02 Images for Show" as a .jpg at a quality setting 6. Saving at a higher level will not improve the quality but will increase the file size & could affect the slide show speed.

:)

I thought that you were asking how to INCREASE the quality?

Now that you know how to get the high quality there a number of options open to you.

Decreasing the JPEG quality will not lower the File Size of the MP4 - the EXE will benefit from lower JPEG sizes but it makes no difference to the MP4 Size.

You can try lowering the Quality Setting in the Create HD Video for PC window?

Or you could drop down to 720p - 1280x720.

Experiment?