WnSoft Forums

DVD Menu - Cannot Select Shows Correctly

tc_leeds

Hi,

Someone asked me to have a look at a problem they had in putting a number of slide shows on a DVD and getting them to run correctly. I created a disc with 5 slide shows using a 3 x 2 menu template which shows five black boxes which I altered to show required frame in each case. I then burnt the DVD. 

In PTE Project Options Full Screen selected and Fix Size not selected. In each case in Video Builder Project Options:- PAL - 16:9 - 7000 - Auto - Antiflicker selected - MPEG Audio - 320kb/s - Return to Menu selected. On the menu template 3 x 2 - Animated Menu not selected - Return to menu selected and Menu duration not selected.

When the DVD is in the TV player the menu comes up showing all of the shows and the first show is selected. If I use the right arrow key on the TV remote I can get as far as the last show on the top line (third show), further use of the right arrow key does nothing and pressing the left arrow key either does nothing or will only go back to the second show but not the first. I am unable to use any of the arrow keys to access the fourth show (First one on bottom line of menu). If I select the third show on the top line of the menu I can use the down arrow key to access the fifth show (last one on bottom line of menu).

As an exercise I have done this in Both PTE V8 and V9 beta 2 with the same result. 

I have had little experience of producing DVD's and wonder if anyone has had similar problems. I know most people will be using USB sticks and smart TV's but would like to know if there is a solution.

TC