WnSoft Forums

N.T.B.R.

polo

I'm happy to invite you to look at my first slideshow "NTBR" which is available at the following address http://www.diapovision.com/diaporamas.htm

(last item on the list, but you can also download and look at the others !). The pictures have been taken in Kerala, South India, during the famous Nehru Trophy Boat Race; sound has been recorded live. Being a beginner, I'd be very happy to have your comments.

Polo

My travels in Asia

Polo,

For a first slide show, this is excellent! You have mastered the techniques of PTE very well. The "live" sound gives it a nice touch, too, and is handled very well. I also like the variety achieved by the addition of close-ups of the crowd interspersed with the action shots. Maybe a few more of the crowd actually cheering the racers on would be fitting.

The action photos tend to jump around a little, making it hard to watch in places - some more pre-planning might have helped in having action images merge more smoothly into each other (having the background stay more consistent, with only the boats moving, for example). But I realize and appreciate the difficulties you must have been facing just to obtain the images you did manage to get, especially when you are trying to capture audio as well. And, as you said in the accompanying text, you made the photos before you heard of PTE. The synchronization is good, and enhances the activity in the show.

Myself, I prefer not to mix too many different transitions, unless they really add something special to the show. (I guess I'm not a fan of "block"-type transitions.) Overall, though, very well done. I hope I don't sound too critical.

Will be looking forward to your next show! How about some larger images next time? Say, 1024 x 768? :)

Sorry Polo, I couldn't find anyway of downloading "NTBR". Only two of the sequences, "Saint-Valentin" and "J'avais un vieux a Verdun", had images on which to click.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ron,

Being the webmaster of "diapovision.com" where some PTE slideshows are hosted, I'm sorry to read that you had difficulties downloading NTBR.

I've just checked and all small images on the right have links that are 'clickable'. Maybe a temporary connexion problem ?

Anyway, here is the direct link to Polo's N.T.B.R. slideshow

Another access to the page : mirror site

Gerard

have tried several times to get

Venise, entre apparences et réalités"

auteurs : P. & N. Salquèbre Double regard sur Venise au double visage...

(fichier : venise_800.exe - 18 Mo)

and no luck with it -- will not download

no problems with the rest

ken

Hello Ken !

The link to "Venise..." is a direct link to the authors' web server. Bad luck if they have removed it - I'll get in touch with them.

But this (very nice) slideshow is also available on Michel's website (Fanaphot ); it has also recently been announced on the forum here http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=3&t=1924

[edit] I've got the answer from the author of "Venise...": this show is hosted on an university network and the servers have been closed all of last week end for maintenance.

Thanks Gerard for your intervention. The download was well worth the effort. Polo, your presentation was cleverly constructed with some excellent imagery. Most enjoyable.

Ron [uK]