WnSoft Forums

Client can't open exe file

imfinewine

Hi Guys,

I sent a client a link to a demo show (on a mac G4) and when he try's to open it he gets an application error.

I can open it fine. I actually uploaded the show twice and he could not open either of the two.

Would someone be kind enough to download it to check and see if it will open or something is corrupted. It's at: www.digitalphotocrafters.com/Charlie1.exe

Thanks,

Dave B)

I am a little unclear what you are doing here, and where the mac G4 comes in. What exactly is the mac G4 doing in this scenario? :unsure:

Reading your post, I would conclude that you have uploaded you demo to a mac G4, and he has downloaded it from this mac. If so, why is the mac relevant?

If you want help, it would be a good idea to include a bit more info. Things like what machine/os you have created the slideshow on. Also what machine/os your client is trying to run it on. Also more details of the error would be nice, and exactly what he is doing to try and get it to run.

Steve

Thanks bharkins, ;)

I had a feeling it was OK, (Spa doesn't open, because of no link, this is just a demo to show the format) But are you on a mac or pc?

Now this begs the question of why my client can't open the show.

Steve... The G4 is the machine my client is trying to open the demo show on. I created it on a win XP platform. I added the (G4) info in case it may matter on why he can't open it. I have no mac experience.

As far as your other ?, there isn't much that can go wrong trying to open a P2E show, You click on the file to open the show and it works or doesn't.

I asked him what happen when he opened it and he said he just got an "application error". I have gotten this same error on a few shows I've downloaded from the forum, but they all were zipped files, this is not. All the reg P2E files always opened for me.

Since now I know the file is not corrupted, I would still like to hear any possible idea's on why it may not be opening for him.

Thanks again,

Dave :(

The EXE file will not run on a Mac.

it will only run on a PC.

This is why he can not open the file.

From FAQ:

Question:

Will PicturesToExe create presentations that are able to be viewed on

Macintosh (Apple) computers?

Answer:

Not at this time.