WnSoft Forums

My first show

bobbinman

Hi

I see quite a few people have read my post but no comments! did anyone get to download the file? did it run Ok? I would like to upload it to Beechbrook.com but until I know its running OK for other people I won't do this.

Please comment if you have time!

Thanks

Chris

I've just had a look at your Tanzania show & must say that it is impressive. The music and images blend well to give an impression of "nature red in tooth and claw". Your use of rapid changes in some parts of the show certainly helps produce an atmosphere of tension. One problem I'd highlight is that you haven't allowed enough time for the viewer to explore many of the more picturesque shots - I found that the show was moving on while I was still looking around the image.

Chris

when i tried to send you a letter the page cannot be found

i got the following

1st from the cottage and then from the isp-

k

Page not found

The page you requested was not found on this web server. This could be for a variety of reasons, including:

You followed a broken or out-of-date link.

You entered the URL for the page incorrectly.

The page no longer exists. If you followed a broken link, please inform the owner of the referring page.

If you have any queries about this error, please e-mail webmaster@lace-bobbins.co.uk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to www.lace-bobbins.co.uk homepage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Powered by Tiscali ]

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.

The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why

each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <webmaster@lace-bobbins.co.uk>

Reason: unknown user

A beautiful slideshow with very impressive and breathtaking shots.

The music fit's very well the subject.

Just a little remark ; I personnally find the transitions with the white or light green slides hard and I think a black one would be more resting (softer, cooler... sorry for my bad english).

Thank you for sharing with us such beautiful photos. :D

Patrick

Chris,

Absolutely stunning! If this is your first show, I'm not going to post for a while! :unsure:

The music was perfect. I liked the tension that built with your use of the quick transitions in the middle. I guess I agree with d67's comment about the white transitions. It was effective on the shot that ended up with lots of clouds and a few animals low in the picture (3rd or 4th shot I think), but I didn't understand the motivation or your intent with the others.

The photos themselves are wonderful. I'm curious what lens you were using. Some super long Canon "L" glass, I'll bet! ;)

Even the ones that I suspect were cropped and enlarged are crystal clear. Great job.

I'm also interested in the effect you used at the very beginning and the very end. It that the mosaic with a million squares or something else? I liked it!

Outstanding job, Chris.

David

Many thanks for your comments, I must say I am pleased with how the show looks. The music was a real find and really helps make the show. I think I will re look at the transitions with some of the coloured blank pages.

A little background on the equipment I used, I had 2 Nikon D100 dslrs with Nikon f2.8 70-200mm AFS-VR, Nikon f2.8 300mm AFS and used Nikon 1.4 & 2 times converters. All images were shot raw and saved to Flashtrax. The only cropping was to downsize to 1024 x 768 using the maximum area of the original that I could.

It was my first safari, organised by www.wildarena.com (here in the UK) there were only 4 of us (all photographers, non pro!) plus the tour leader, We went to Arusha, Ngorongoro, Serengeti and Tarangire National parks all in Northern Tanzania. We were out most days from 6am-6.30pm for 16 days. And got real close to the animals it was so nice to be there on their terms!!!! We saw 40 different mammals (we saw the big 5 or 6 if you inclued Cheetah in a day and a half) and 200+ different birds. I plan to go back real soon! (well as soon as I can save up again)

You asked about the effect near the beginning and at the end of the show. I have a black frame 1024 x 768 with some wording on the, the next slide (black and white tree) it has a 3 second fade up with the mosaic section set at 1000 x 1000 x 25, this then fades up with the same image but in colour and then fading up again with the same image but with stronger colour. The same thing is at the end of the show but in reverse. I hope that makes sense!

I also forgot to tell Patrick (d67) that I did allow control of the show, so you can left click the mouse button to go back one slide and right click to pause!

Thanks again Chris

Chris:

I must agree with Patrick:

Absolutely stunning! If this is your first show, I'm not going to post for a while!

Your slide show content was excellent. I think God must have assisted you in the posing of all the wonderful animal shots. Surely a photographer acting alone could not capture such superb photos.

How do I critique such a nice piece of work? I did notice that a few of the fade transitions did not seem as smooth as the latest version of PTE is capable of. I was wondering if you were using the latest PTE version?

I found that the quick transitions of some of the slides added a good tension effect to the show...a very quick vew of the scene was sufficient. I'm glad you used the program control feature and help<F1>. This permitted me to pause the scene I wanted to study....I always use these features but have noticed that we are in the minority. The wife and I have viewed this show several times and I'm sure we will view it again. The wifes conclusion was the same as mine.....An Excellent Show!

ken

:D

Ken

I am glad that you mentioned what I call flicker on the fades. I have noticed this on one or two other sequences recently and thought it might be some fault in my own setup, particularly as others have eulogised over images and not mentioned any flicker.

With that out of the way I too can add my praise for the outstanding photography by Chris.

Ron [uK]

Hi Ken & Ron

Thanks for your kind remarks.

Ken:

I am using ver 4.2 The Flicker problem, I read some posts on this. It does seem to happen when you change from a dark image to a light one, and was one of the reasons I put in a few blank coloured frames in the show. It also seems to happen when resources are running low on your PC. I use a AMD athlon xp 1800 with 768mb ram. But as I am still new to P2E there may well be other factors that I am not clued up on. I would like to hear from anyone who can add to this. I left the settings in the effects section set at 60 and did not tick the own thickness of line box (I was not sure what it did!)

As for the positioning of the animals, that goes down to the BEST guide/driver in Tanzania (in my opinion, and maybe God had a hand in it as well) A man called Yuda, who has been a guide for 20 years (17 with the same company) He is a skilled photographer and consequently positioned us correctly, he has immense knowledge of the wildlife and there habits and seemed to be able to spot cheetah from the slightest spot on the horizon whilst driving safely. And talking of his driving, we kept going while all around us others were stuck! The more I think of it I would like to dedicate this show to him.

My personal favorite show at the moment is "Vie Secrete" by Michel Auge I just keep watching it over and over trying to work out how he made some of the transition!

Must go,

Chris