WnSoft Forums

...size of exe...

mellow

...Hi,

... I need an accurrate file size prediction for my shows .... I know the numbers for sound, jpegs and the internal players ... what I'd like to know is if the transitions themselves take up any memory and if so, how much each on the average.... TIA for any assistance...

mellow

what I'd like to know is if the transitions themselves take up any memory and if so, how much each on the average....

Good question, and after reading your post I did a quick test creating same show 3 times.

7 slides - chose transitions all , then just fade also one with only quick ( no transitions ) saving & creating each one ended with the exact same file size.

I used the default 1500 duration.

Even the .PTE files were all equal.

So my answer is no additional memory for transitions.

I think you will find the transitions length ( duration & smoothing lines ) only relate to the workload of the CPU.

There's no change in .pte file size (a few bytes at the utmost) because the different transitions are coded as different figures in an ascii (text) file.

You can open the .pte file (with Notepad or Wordpad, for example) and see what it looks like : plain text where the different options, transitions, etc. are expressed as characters or numbers for each slide.