WnSoft Forums

Pixort

ddiercks

For some time I've lamented the picture sorting part of doing a Pictures to EXE show. I've tried several different "light tables" and such, but everything seemed pretty clunky.

On the QImage Pro printeing software Yahoo goup forum I heard about Pixort. It's a free program and appears to be just what I need. Here is the URL for the program for those who might be interested:

http://www.jotto.no/pixort/

Does anyone have any experience using Pixort? I'm not connected in any way with the developer. Just looking for an easier way to sort 100+ pictures for a slide show.

dpd

I have downloaded Pixort and printed out the manual, but as far as I can see it has no place in my method of working in preparation of my images ready for PTE. From what was being said I assumed that this was another method of sorting images and numbering them sequentially before bring them into PTE. Bill's PTE Adjustor is worth looking at. Another method, in Windows XP, it is possible to display all one's selected images in thumbnail display. These thumbnails can then be dragged into position as one would slides on a lightbox. Once satisfied as to their order one can sequentially rename them with a prefix starting with 01 or 001. Individually renaming is time consuming but not too much of a chore for modest presentations.

I don't think Pixort will stay on my computer for long unless someone corrects me on this.

Ron [uK]

Hi Guys,

Try this little "freebie" EXIF Image Viewer it handles standard Analog Photos and

Digital Photos (the lot) not only that, but it give Camera set-up data and a whole range

of other facilities, its flash fast.

You can move images around the "lightbox" -Sort them- Full Screen them- Thumnail them

and then sequencially move them into a Folder and import that into PTE2.

Althgough its "free" you still have to Register for Use.

Its on:- www.members.nbci.com -give it a try.

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

I have EXIFViewer but I have not figured out how to move slides into an alternate sequence. t seems that they only sort out by file number unless each file is renamed. Am I missing something?

I agree that the main weakness of P2E is sorting images for a slide sequence when you can't see the file images in a group. PhotoSuite does that, but that has less features than P2E.

I downloaded Pixort and tried it based on the mini-tutorial. I like the fact that it can handle Canon 300D RAW files, but I did not see any easy way of rearranging a large quantity of slides that could be then moved into a P2E folder, ready to continue bulding a slide show. This remains a major stumbling block of easily sequencing images in P2E.

EXIF IMAGE VIEWER

Download problems ? go to:- www.nbci.com and in the Search Window, type in:- Exif Image Viewer about 6 links will appear.

The program is by Michel Kowalski. Select the download site that suits you.

Its also on Yahoo.

There is a very comprehensive Help Folder downloaded with the Program. It looks like

a Notepad with? mark. titled Exif.

The Program requires that you have 2 dll Files on your PC. Check the following in the

Find/Search Facility:- mfc.42.dll and also msvcp60.dll

If you don't have these,go to:- www.dll-files.com and download from there.

White blank image place-place, means you are missing one of the dll's.

Hope this helps,

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

EXIF IMAGE VIEWER

Download problems ? go to:- www.nbci.com and in the Search Window, type in:- Exif Image Viewer about 6 links will appear.

The program is by Michel Kowalski. Select the download site that suits you.

Its also on Yahoo.

There is a very comprehensive Help Folder downloaded with the Program. It looks like

a Notepad with? mark. titled Exif.

The Program requires that you have 2 dll Files on your PC. Check the following in the

Find/Search Facility:- mfc.42.dll and also msvcp60.dll

If you don't have these,go to:- www.dll-files.com and download from there.

White blank image place-place, means you are missing one of the dll's.

Hope this helps,

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

Here's a link to his site:

EXIF Image Viewer

Right, I have downloaded EXIF Image Viewer but I cannot see anywhere that I can “… move images around the "lightbox" -Sort them………and then sequentially move them into a Folder and import that into PTE2”. Can someone enlighten me please?

Ron [uK]

I've got the DLL issue sorted out in the EXIF Viewer, thanks...but I am still unable to move the pictures about a la the "lightbox/lightable" method that has been mentioned--I've reached the conclusion that this program can't actually do that..I've seen Al's software refered to here and it sounds like it would do the trick but if I understand correctly I'd need to have a copy of MS Excell installed for it to work, which I don't. Is that the case? Being able to easily move pictures around to the required order would be a HUGE help in the organization of my slide shows, I've been using something called "Imagewalker" which is a big help and a great program and it does just about everything BUT reordering-without-first-renaming! Anyone else have any ideas about how to achieve this elusive goal??

Jim.

BTW..I notice that I'm listed as a "Junior Member"...I registered my first copy of PTE back in 2000 or maybe even 1999 and I've been on the forum ever since---how did I get demoted back to the ranks?!?!?! Could it of been something I said? What's a fella gotta do to get promoted around here??

Jim, I think I cracked the code... ;)

It shows you have posted 11 times. When you get to 50, you get Average Member status (how boring <_< )

then at 100 you become Senior, and at 300, Advanced.

So I don't know what you did to reset your counter to 11. Did you pay your bills? :D

I don't see how a rearrangement of image files can be done without renaming the files in the order desired.

In XP Explorer under View/Filmstrip, you can drag image sequences out of file number order. You can then select/copy the reordered group and paste it into P2E. The files are immediately reordered in number or alphabetic sequence!

P2E actually does that, but you only see the one image that is being moved up or down the list be dragging the file name. I think I'll just live with that for the moment because all the other features are excellent.

bharkins

Please see my earlier post in this thread re use of XP Explorer-View Thumbnails.

Jimbo

The count of number of posts restarted when WnSoft changed the Forum to inVision in December 2002.

Ron [uK]

Ronwil, I agree if you rename all images so sequenced, you can then place them in P2E. However my previous comment stands (IMHO) that you cannot drag images in any software and have them stay in the altered sequence position. Windows will simple resort by file name as one would expect.

bharkins..I would like to be able to drag the pics around on a light-table in to the order I want them to appear in--then immediately rename them so they'll stay in that order! I understand that the OS will reorganize them right back to where you don't want them if you fail to rename them so this renaming ability would have to be part of the program...file sorting software does some pretty amazing tricks these days, surely this can't be impossible for all the smart coders! AL: Does Excell have to be installed to run your sorting program?

Jim.

I can only support dagrace (David) in his opinions about Breezebrowser - an excellent piece of software (especially for Canon users). Not free but very cheap, versatile and updates come free.

Take a look at the site - Breezebrowser can do exactly what you state you wish to do - and much more besides !

DEN (NE UK)

bharkins,

I didn't address all the features of BreezeBrowser in my post above, but denwell was more specific.

In thumbnail view (sizable to one of several sizes), you can move pics around to whatever order you want. Even after leaving and returning, they are in the same order.

Then you can rename a subset (or the entire set) of photos to virtually anything you want using string functions. For example, I like to keep the original image number imbedded in the filename somewhere so I can go back to it someday if I want. Say my original slide name is IMG_0876.jpg.

I can rename it (or any set of slides) to NewShow-xxx-orig-nnnn.jpg where xxx is a sequential number (starting with any number I want or BreezeBrowser remembers the last number it used for this task) and nnnn is derived from the 5th thru 8th characters of the original file name. There are virtually countless possibilities.

I think it's $49. It's probably not worth $49 just for a renaming function, but it does many other things too. I'm glad I spent the money. :)

Jimbo, yes, Al's program is really an Excel workbook with lots of sheets and macros.