WnSoft Forums

Flowers

FarleyBen

:D I liked this one a lot - the fades and music worked beautifully (I'm so glad you resisted the temptation to use other transition effects "just because they're there").

Just a few comments, not criticisms but suggestions:

The background image was nicely done but I think you should have gone for a neutral colour to set off the colour in the images - sometimes the two competed for attention. A nice neutral grey would work well (e.g. RGB 128 in Photoshop). A similar comment applies to the yellow rim border around each image, only more so. I'm sure this would be better either white or black.

The titles went off the screen on my monitor - it's a good idea to add these to an image (produced in PS) rather than use the option in PTE.

The colour changing sequence at the end worked quite well but is overdone. Less changes - for my taste anyway.

Having said this, I'll be watching this again in future when I want a calming moment!

I thought you tried to pack too many images into the timescale of music not leaving enough time for really smooth fades. My rough calculation is that you allowed approximately 5 seconds total time between images. For a delicate subject as this I would suggest that a fade of at least 3 to 4 seconds would be preferable' yours appear to be 1.5 or less. I have my basic template set at Main>Display each slide= 4s and Effects>Fade in/out> Effect duration = 3500ms.

I too found your titling going off screen and agree with what ContaxMan has to say on that.

Otherwise the images were beautiful and the idea good.

Ron [uK]

Roger and Ron,

Thank you for the response. I did the title in Photoshop and used onboard fonts for the sub titling. I read afterwards that not everyone has the same fonts so perhaps that is why the sub titles went off screen on your machines. I had sinchronised the show to the music, perhaps that is why the transitions were so brief.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Trev C

Nice images. I particularly like dthe one with the bee.

I will agree with others on the transitions. They were a littel fast for the subject and the music (for my taste). And perhaps the duration too. I know it's pretty easy to have an image stay too long on the screen, but these seemed a bit brief in some cases.

I also agree with the last sequence. The first couple were interesting (I really like this technique and am learning myself with it.) But the purples and blues didn't work for me. Also, I think I noticed some "outlines" or "edges" of the flower petals themselves when you made the selction. I'm struggling with this myself and I'm not sure how to cope with it all the time. Perhaps that's why I noticed (because I'm very sensitised to it now.)

Nice first show, however, overall. Beautiful choice of music.

:D