WnSoft Forums

Music stops during show

DennisG

I posted this a while back. The newer beta versions do not work right for me on my XP system. I have 5 MP3 pcs of music set up in PTE. Set to keep playing and random. When playing back the music stops and the slide show keeps going. I takes about 20 minutes for the music to stop.

If I use preview, the music keeps going. But if I burn a CD, and play this CD on another computer, it stops after a while. If I load up a older version of PTE with the same settings, its fine. Figure that out. :huh:

Does the music always stop at the same place? Is it at a break between songs? Does it stop at exactly the same place on the other pc from the cd?

Don't know what the solution is, other than to combine all music in a sound editor, but if you must have random playing of the selections, this would not be a suitable solution for you. Mp3's can be tricky, especially if they are of different qualities (sample rates, etc.), and if they have copyright bits set, etc. CD's add another complexity to the problem. You might try taking each selection into a sound editor and converting each to exactly the same mp3 quality.

The music stops in between songs after about 20 minutes. I am using the same MP3's for a few years now. I wonder about what you mentioned. Maybe I have a MP3 that does not work well with the built in sound player of PTE. I will check that out...

Thank you! I've reproduced this situation and it really a bug of previous betas of v4.30.

It happens only if you set "Play songs in random order" option in not synchronized slide-shows. The playlist will be fully played and then music will not repeat.

I'll publish beta #9 with the fix very soon.