WnSoft Forums

my next show, Cats (still in progress)

bobbinman

Hello all

I have been working on this show using P2E ver 4.3 beta 10 over the weekend.

I have tried new things (for me) in mixing a couple of tracks together, adding silence etc, all pretty basic I know but new to me! and I have been using some of the new features in P2E

In time I would like to add/change some of the photos with more of the Black & Clouded Leopard and Jaguar plus more tigers and other cats I have yet to photograph. Just a question of time and money!!!

If you want to download the show its at

http://www.lace-bobbins.co.uk/images/cats.zip

The file is 26.5mb and runs for about 10mins

I would like to hear your comments on the show, is it too long? to many images? what do you think of the photography etc and any suggestions you might have.

Thanks for your time

Chris

Welcome to your show, Chris.

Your photographs are very nice and I loved some (macro eyes, baby...).

I prefer all the vertical pictures together and also all the horizontal pictures together.

You show seems a little too long and you can delete some photographs I think.

And, perhaps, you could use one more transition effects (Quick by example) with the music.

You show is really very pleasant, but you can much improve it, I think.

Good work, Chris and greetings from France ;) !

I thought that this was an entertaining show with some excellent photographs, well put together. The music fitted the theme very well indeed.

A few points:

The initial screen (detailing control of the show) disappears before one has time to read it! I'd be inclined to make a separate short sequence for this, perhaps including a little background information about the photos, with a button to go to the main show.

A few pictures could be cut, particularly if you intend to add more later.

The thematic approach is interesting and informative (at least to viewers like myself who know very little about cats). Is this intended to be "educational"? If not, some digression from the strict category approach - maybe with quick transitions and/or multiple images on the screen - could help to vary the presentation style and add extra interest.

It's worth experimenting with using the wave display in the latest version of PTE to fine-tune your slide changes to the sound track.

The copyright message on every screen is distracting. I can't see that it is necessary at all as any printout made from images at the resolution needed for the show would not be much use anyway.

Hi Michel

Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment on my work in progress. I feel sometimes you can be just to close to your own work and need the input of others to help. You have just done this for me, I will re look at the order of slides. I was trying to keep the types of cats together but with a mix of vertical & horizontal shots it was never going to be easy. I think I need a re edit!!!!

Hello Rodger

Thanks for your input, I was pleased with the music too. It never occured to me about the start up screen with a button to launch the show. Good tip thanks!

The show was never meant to be educational, I was just trying to keep the breeds together so that those that did not know which breed was which would do so! I have never been a fan of multiple images on screen, I always find it distracting, each to their own!! I will turn down the opacity on the copyright image, it’s not just for those that print off other peoples images, and I agree the quality would be poor. But there are wildlife artists out there who can and do work from a screen image. Just protecting my hard work.

Thanks again Michel & Rodger for your time

Chris

Chris,

Since the show is not meant for educational purposes, I feel that not using "fades to black" between different species would be preferable.

If, instead, you superimposed the title at the beginning of each new species over the first slide for that species, the show would run more smoothly, IMHO.

Also, I feel that varying the times on screen, and dissolve rates a little more would help, too

Otherwise, a good show, and very good photography. You have some good action shots as well as excellent "portraits". :)

Chris,

Just took a look at the show and liked a lot!

I agree with the comment about too quickly dissolving the "instructions".

I really liked some of the transitions. There were some wonderful moments when the eyes seemed to stay in exactly the same place while the images changed. Very nice!

There were a few sets of that were quite similar, in my opinion. Trimming them would make more room for the rest. :rolleyes:

I never would have thought of it myself, but I like Al's idea of superimposing the title on the first slide of a section. I'm going to have to try that! ;)

A few of the slides were on the screen too long, in my opinion. I know that's a very subjective thing, but that's my call.

Nice show, overall! Thanks for sharing it. :D