WnSoft Forums

extracting jpegs from P2E

davel

I'm a professional wedding photographer. I've been using Pictures to Exe to create slideshows for my clients. I'm concerned about their ability to extract the jpeg files from the .exe file that I give them. Does anyone know of software that does so? And if so, I'd like to see for myself how easy/difficult it is to do, and how good/bad the jpegs look after they're extracted.

Hi Dave,

I'm no expert, but there are some controls in PTE that allow you to disable the print screen button (I think) and perhaps other features that discourage this activity. There are other topics in this forum that speak to this issue. I haven't concerned myself with this issue yet, but I can see if you're making your livelihood from photos where you might be. Thes sense I get from the topics I've read is that there's not a lot to worry about. While there might be a way to grab something off the screen, it probably wouldn't be worth printing.

You might do a search on this forum for some key words and see what comes up. Or wait for an expert to reply to this topic.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Oops. I just re-read your topic and I think I mis-interpreted it the first time.

Again, based on other topcis in this forum, I believe there is no way to extract the "original" jpegs from the .exe.

There are some switches you can turn on and off to control the print screen function, and there are other pgms out there like HyperSnap that will take screen copies. That's the part I addressed earlier.

Hope this helps.

Davel

welcome to the forum

there are programs available that allow one to do screen captures - allow you to save/print the picture.

and most of the dvd authoring/playing software have capture features as well

there have been many threads on this subject and they can be found with the search function - the secret is to use the proper search function - -try screen capture for a start and select > 30 days -- it has not been a topic for a bit

ken B)

Have you looked at the new Copyright Logo option.

If you turn the opacity down to about 5 I think it will work very well.

You can still see the picture well.

And if your customer wants to view them with out the logo.

Then they can come in and look at them on your computer.

I made a Jpeg that was full of the text "Please do not Print"

Just to see how the option would work.

Oh, my gosh!! I just tried Granot's "RestorePTE" program, and it grabs a jpeg from a running show that is 95% as good as the files I made the show with. This is awful news for me, inasmuch as I've been counting on PTE to show wedding images to my clients without giving them away.

Davel,

Just remember that the file size of the picture that Granot's software captures is too small to get a reasonable print out. That is only true of course if you reduce your photographs to 1024 x 768 at 72 ppi and then save as jpeg at about 6 level.

I make a copy of all the photgraphs first and save them to a CD just in case the unthinkable should happen, I then do the size adjustment on the photos remaining on my hard drive prior to making the PTE show.

Regards,

Trev C