WnSoft Forums

Music Trouble:

psfarr

I am working on a slideshow of an album I designed. I purchased a bit of music. Everything looks and sounds great until it gets to the next to the last frame of my slideshow. The music just quits. I can not get it to play to the end of the slideshow no matter what I have done.

The music duration is long enough

I shortened the time each frame shows

I tried to do my own syncronization, but when I click preview or create, a window pops up saying I must first disable personalized music (i don't know what that means)

Can anyone give me any ideas of why this might be happening?

thanks so much,

patty

Please let me know exacty version of PicturesToExe. (If v4.30 beta, please specify number of beta)

I guess that you use mode of personalized music for slides.

If music always stops on same slide, please check up his personal settings: open "Music tab" in this "Customize slide" window.

If you have "Play new background music file" option turned on and playlist is empty the music will be stopped.

If it possible please send me .pte project file of your slide-show.

I've sent you my email address (in the message).

When I first noticed the trouble, I didn't have the beta version yet. When I went to the site for some help, I downloaded the 4.30 beta (#14) last night and am still experiencing this trouble.

I tried to do what you suggested, but it didn't solve anything.

i'll try to send the pte to your email.

thanks again,

patty

Patty, you might also do a search in these topics for some keywords. I know I remember seeing some discussion threads about music stopping partway through. There might be an easy answer waiting out there.

As I recall, many of the problems are when you try to piece together several bits of music, which doesn't sound like your problem, but there is a wealth of information in the archives! ;)

Welcome to the forum!

I've had this same trouble. When I look at my WAV file with my music editor (I'm using Magix Audio Cleaning Lab) the waveform continues to the endpoint of the file. (e.g. my 11 minute 8 second music plays all the way to the end of the file) but when I look at the waveform in PTE (I was using Beta versions of 4.3 but I just tried the final version of 4.3 and it's the same problem), PTE shows the total length of the WAV file the same as my Music editor program, but the music is compressed and ends at 10 minutes 58 seconds so that the last few slides have no music. This has happened with all my WAV and Mpeg files that I have tried so far. I have to go in and manually adjust everything so that the last slide has music. It seems to be a bug and I hope it can be fixed.

OOps. I did some more work and the good news is that PTE is working fine. Be careful with your music editing program. If you are ripping tracks from a CD, there is probably dead space at the end of the track. Your editor considers it to be part of the track as does PTE. The result is that the last few slides may not have any audio. The problem I had was that when I cut off the silence, I wasn't saving the new version properly. Probably should read the manual, but that takes all the fun out of the process.