WnSoft Forums

Error Message

paula davies

I am using Version 4.20. Although I can preview a slide show from the PicturesToExe dialogue box I get the following error message when I try to open the executable file. I would appreciate any helpful advice.

16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:0f68 IP:0116 OP:63 74 20 66 69 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

1) What is your PC and version of Windows?

2) Please check up PC with antivirus and hard discs with Scandisk to be sure that all is OK with these moments.

3) How another programs works on your PC?

4) Did you run EXE file of slide-show from Windows Explorer? Maybe you run it from some old console file manager? (As I can suppose from "16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem" message.)

5) If Preview works OK, please try to open your project in PicturesToExe and then press Ctrl+F9. PTE will produce slide-show and run produced EXE file. If it works, then EXE files of slide-shows works without problem on your PC.

6) Please try our example of slide-show:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/Per_aspera_ad_astra.zip (1,5 Mb)

Thank you for your reply.

1) My PC is fairly new (December 2003) and the operating system is XP Professional.

2) I have Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm, which are both up to date, and my computer is virus-free.

3) All other programmes, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Photoshop CS are working fine.

4) I ran the EXE file from Windows Explorer by double-clicking the icon.

5) I will try your suggestion.

6) I tried to watch your example slide show but nothing happened once the first slide was on the screen.

It's a very strange problem.

So this time "16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem" message doesn't appears when you run our test example of slide-show.

If show stops, are you hear music?

What is your CPU, sound card, and exact version of Windows (with SP1 or SP2). Did you install sounds drivers from CD disc to your sound card?

How another software works with music on your PC? (Media Player, etc)

Please try our another example of slide-show:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/starwars.zip (1,2 MB)

Please try to install newest v4.30 beta #14:

www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip

If problem still exists. Please make the next test:

1) Create new project. Add several JPEG pictures (150-500 KB).

Try to run Preview, if OK then create and run .exe file.

2) If it works, please add MP3 music file. And then again try with Preview and after this with EXE file.

3) If all works, try with synchronized show.

Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Windows XP is SP1.

I have discovered that I had not saved the project as a slide show so was trying to open the PTE file by double clicking it. Sorry to be such a dimwit :o

I have now made a small slide show which works. I haven't tried adding music yet as I don't need it for this particular show. It's to be used for judging an exhibition. I don't have any MP3 files to add music anyway.

My speakers are working and I can listen to music using Windows Media Player.

When I open Per Aspera ad Astra the opening slide remains on the screen and there is no sound. When I opened the Star Wars slide show I could press the buttons and look at the images but still no sound.

I will install newest v4.30 beta #14 and see what happens.

Paula,

Q1...After attempting to run the 'Test Shows' is it still stalling after the 1st Slide ?

Q2...Is the 'Error Message' still coming up after the Show stalls ?

Q3...Have you Checked your 'Sound Mixer Controls' to see if Digital Playback is On & Turned Up

Q4...Apart from Programs Pre-Installed on the PC have you loaded other Programs since then?

Q5...If so, could you List them ?

A simple Yes/No to each would help, example:- Q1..Yes/No etc...

Apologies for being so terse, but you may have a System fault so lets try and 'Check that'

Brian Kelly.Conflow.

Brian

Thank you so much for your help. I was going to answer the questions but first of all I went to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices and found that under the Volume Tab it said "No Audio Device" (or something similar). I looked around the rest of the Tabs and then pressed Apply. Lo and behold the volume tab now says "C-Media Wave Device" and I can play the slide show with music.

Thanks also to Igor for your help.

I have now downloaded Version 4.30.

Paula