WnSoft Forums

Hello everybody, I'm new!!

Moelwyn

Hi to everybody, I'm Moelwyn, I'm 31 and I live in South Wales, UK. I have just started a business as a part time Photographer after pursuing my passion for taking pictures for 10 years.

I have recently completed a PTE presentation for a client and need to make 40 copies to CD for their own distribution. The Client was very impressed and pleased with the show and I'm quite proud considering the last time I used PTE was over a year ago. I had to brush up on all my knowledge and skills all over again.

I found out how to make the CD autorun and all is fine exept for one thing that is bothering me. If escape is pressed during the show then all is well and I'm returned to the desktop, however if I eject the CD during the show I get a an error message telling me the CD is missing and to replace it (which would be normal) but when you try and close this message it comes back about 4 times then everything freezes! I then have to call up Windows Task Manager to end the program. On top of this my CD drive eject button doesnt respond and I have to restart windows to open it! I think that the latter fault is my own CD ROM drive but this is not confirmed.

So my biggest worry is that these problems will occur when my clients customers run the show on their pc's and it will cause problems which will return to me. I assume not all will have up to date pc's and the knowledge of how to deal with this problem should it happen.

I could place a message telling them to always press escape before ejecting but do people listen?

My other option is just to give the show as a file but my client wants autorun.

I have read a lot of posts on this site (so glad I found it!) but havnt found any to report a similar problem.

All you guys know what your on about (and KEN if your reading, you must be the Godfather of the site!!) :)

So I hope someone out there can help me in some way, it would be very much appreciated ;)

I shall be pinned to my pc all weekend for your responces as this commission has to be handed in on tuesday!!

Thank you very much and keep up the good work,

Moelwyn.