WnSoft Forums

Is the Push effect enough smooth?

Igor

It would be nice if there was no pause at all between slides.

Ron [uK]

It would be nice if there was no pause at all between slides.

With the DVD, it's OK, no pause.

For me, the current"Push" is very well done, but if Igor can to still improve, I agree, sure :D .

But with the PC, it seems impossible to solve this problem ( :angry: seek time: how to proceed for decrease the time between two slides <0,2s without reading's problem) ?

Igor ?

Adding to my previous, no pause between slides would provide the scroll effect, but from what Michel has said this may not be possible. Thanks anyway.

Ron [uK]

I think what Igor is saying is that in the next version of PTE the PAN feature which will enable a single panoramic to be panned, will be based on the same technique that is used to PUSH images currently but because you are effectively pushing a SINGLE image and not one image that has been cut in two you won't have the problem of the delay between images.

The question is, is the current smoothness of the PUSH transition acceptable as a PAN transition.

In my experience I think the answer is YES, the PUSH in PTE is very smooth. However I think Panoramas are going to be more demanding on system resources and if there is a way to make the effect any smoother this should be pursued especially if shows are going to be played on slower PC's.

One question for Igor......Will the PAN transition be Horizontal and Vertical?

Another question..... will the length of the Panoramas be unlimited?

Guest Techman1

Igor,

As others have stated, the PUSH effect seems smooth enough, but if you can improve on it that would be great. Along with the PAN ability, are you considering a ZOOM effect also? I believe this will make PTE an even stronger slideshow program if this ability is adopted in the next release.

If you want some members here to test a beta with only the PAN ability added, I know I would be willing to test it out on a few PC's. Smoothness of the PAN will be highly CPU intensive and it certainly needs to move without hesitation to be effective.

Thanks for everything you do for us.

Best regards,

Fred

Thanks for the responses. Of course, there will be no pauses during Pan effect, because just it's large picture which loads wholly and shows by parts. This effect will work very well. In any direction (also diagonally).

I'm thinking about the Zoom, because it's the most difficult effect.