WnSoft Forums

avi to web page

fitzner101

<_< Hmmmmm I would have thought by now I would have had one of the experienced members adding some suggestions by now. Perhaps then it is not possible.

All I wanted was the size of the screen from windows media size and just the avi file. Apparently the avi is not illegal with geocities.

I believe I know whay it will not work but do not know how to explain it. Something to do with that temp file thing that when you delete it you can't use it again.

Harry :blink:

Harry if you planned on trying to use the avi you create before you make a vcd, svcd, dvd, you are correct -- it is only a temp file as described here

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1408

as pte does not make a permanent avi is likely the reason why you never got any comments

ken

Harry...

You can add a AVI to any web page..

all you have to do is "embed" it as an object!!

MS FrontPage can do that for you!!

An example is:

<embed src="video.avi" />

Bart

btw... a AVI file is going to be big in size

a 5 second file can be 14-16 megs in size!

Harry and others...

Here is an example of an AVI in a web page!

The avi is about 2 megs in length!

(using compression)

Here is the code if any one wants to use it for their website!

<p align="center"><object classid="clsid:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,5,715" align="middle">

<param name="FileName" value="Hummingbird.avi">

<param name="AutoStart" value="true">

<param name="ShowTracker" value="false">

<param name="ShowControls" value="true">

<param name="ShowGotoBar" value="false">

<param name="ShowDisplay" value="false">

<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="false">

<param name="AutoSize" value="true">

<embed src="hummingbird.avi" AutoStart="true" ShowTracker="false" ShowControls="true" ShowGotoBar="false" ShowDisplay="false" ShowStatusBar="false" AutoSize="true" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/"></object></p>

ENJOY

Bart

btw...

I have a few more days until I am "off the air!"

:huh: I am so sorry and I need to apologize for sounding so irate and using all CAPS to make my point. If I could find it I would ask Igor to delete it. I am not using my ill health as for my actions but just to say I am very sorry. Recently just got out of the hospital for heart attack. It seems that I am following in the foot steps of father and uncle and who know who else down the genetic tree. But fine now and promise to take it easy.

as we speak I am disabling my caps key!!! Ha! just kiding. Well, my humor is back.

Bart, thanks for the code thing but actually I don't know what to do with it. I know how to ftp my pictures etc over to the net and I know where to put the code which would be in the html page of front page2000 (normal, html, preview) but is it a code that I would use for any .avi presentation?

This sort of reminds me when you (the elders of p2e) talked me through making a menu page etc. and that's behind me and I can do that. But it took quite some time to sink in!!

I was going to use the XAT.com web page (web slide show) and I did it and it previewed good but discovered it also was a .exe file and eventually there computers (Geocities.com) would flag it and they could cut me off I suppose.

Harry