WnSoft Forums

Example of requested feature

LumenLux

Sam, could you please help me understand how you are using 120/140 transparent gifs as objects. Maybe do you have a sequence that you could post or mail to demonstrate the result? It is about time we could enjoy another show of yours anyway. :)

…and try to imagine, Igor, how difficult it is when you have 120/140 transparent gifs as object of 1 white pixel picture ! That’s why I add my prayer to Michel’s one (and Al’s who already has asked for the possibility to see objects in the light table).

Robert

I thank you very much for your interest. It's very nice from you. The whole show will be on line next week. For now, as my old computer completely failed and I had to buy a new one, I'm still busy with installing all my programs. Anyway I've to say that , visually, a part for a special effect and two minor effects, there is no difference between a normal Ipeg and a transparent gif (alpha channel), but transparent gif are lighter, and I think I saved about 6 Mb. I'll give some details in the "reed me" text.

Hi to all

My new show, THE MARKS OF TIME is on line ( see PTE Presentations)

As I’ve a new question for Igor, I prefer to give here the details I promised.

Here is why I used 139/158 transparent gif as object of 1white pixel picture, white background:

IPEG at 70% = 345 Kb

Transparent GIF (alpha Channel) = 60 Kb

345 Ko x 139 = 47955

60 Ko x 139 = 8340

SAVED 39615 Kb

In this show even the frames are transparent gif (alpha channel)

Normal Ipg at 70% 273 Kb

Framed Ipg 288 Kb

Transparent Gif FRAME 3 Kb

273 Ko + 3 Ko = 276 Kb

288 Ko – 276 Ko = 12 Kb

12 Ko x 158 = SAVED 1896 Kb

Actually I can not say how many Kb I saved: the difference between an Ipeg and a Tr. Gif is depending on the picture. Anyway, the Gifs’ characteristic to be generally lighter than Ipeg is not the most important one: what’s important are the possibilities of composition they offer.

In the title page of the show there are three different elements completely merged and that was possible only with Tr. Gifs. Certainly you remember that Igor himself invited us to exploit them and he sent two small examples.

QUESTION TO IGOR

This show was prepared with my old computer (Win 98SE – 500Mz – 128Mb Ram) and it was not synched as I could see nothing in the time line. Almost the pictures had 0/1 as duration and the show ran just as you can see now that it’s synched. When I tried with my new computer after the crashing of the old one, at the end there was MORE THAN 2 MINUTES DIFFERENCE between the slides and music!!! (and my new computer is not a very fast one: P IV – 2,8 Ghz – 512 Mb ram).

My question is: what reason have two different ways of “synchronization” when the result can be very catastrophic? I do not speak for me: Now I exactly know the problem I’ve

completely killed in my mind the “configuration of slides in main page. But what about a professional who has just bought PTE, he goes into configuration of slide where he sees

“duration of slide” and “duration of effect”; he is happy (that’s what happened to me, in the beginning) and he makes the show for his client with big attention for music to have a good impact on him; and because of a difference between computers (quite common) the effect is lost, the client is not happy because he can not see the pictures as expected, he does not buy the show and everybody is unhappy?

If I remember well this problem was put out time ago by ThinkBox too

Anyway, PTE is becoming more and more “professional” and IMMO I think the “synchronization” in configuration of slides as it is now, has no more reason to exist, but maybe I’m wrong!

Maybe you like my show, maybe you do not: it’s not the problem. For sure, if I had nod lost twice the project and if my old computer had not failed, most of you would have seen something resembling to a spinning top more than to a show

at the end there was MORE THAN 2 MINUTES DIFFERENCE between the slides and music!!!

Dear Sam, only two minutes?! It's quite good... :D

In PTE there are NOT "two different ways of synchronization". The only one is the time-line synchronization. Without it, the slides timing varies with the CPU speed, and there is no more synchronization at all.

Do you want an example? Download the extraordinary "Skeleton" (only 2.3 MB) made by Granot (Boxig) few years ago, when the time-line didn't exist yet. Images and music ended almost the same time on my old Pentium II 450...

Dear Guido,

yes, I know that there is only one way of synchronization ans that's why I spoke about two ways of "synchronisation". But somebody new to PTE can easily imagin (as I did in the beginning) tha, by making choices in configuration of slides in main window, his slides are synchronized to music.

I know " Dansing Skeleton" before knowing the Forum! I downloaded again: now I can not follow the images, it's too fast