WnSoft Forums

Show freezes on particular image

Noelb

I have made a slideshow using the demo version of PTE 4.30 and all was well until I came across a problem where I used a button on the last image to restart the show on a given image, in my case #3 although this problem happens on whatever image I choose.

All goes as it should until the program returns to the chosen image. The program then freezes. Having said that, it always works as it should in preview mode, but once it is saved as a project it will freeze on the chosen image.

Apart from this I think this is a very nice program as it is quite straightforward to use and does a good job. If I can overcome the freezing problem I intend to purchase it.

Any advice on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Noelb

Hi, Noelb,

Welcome to the Forum. If you like you can email me the .pte file for your show and I will see if I can replicate the problem. My email address is alrobin@alrobinson.com. You can't send a file through the email system of this forum. Don't send any images or music - just the .pte file.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect once you purchased the program you would be able to readily trouble-shoot the problem by trying out different options, other music, or perhaps learning more about the program and how to prepare images and music for use in a show. I can tell you from experience that the program works very well, with high image quality, smoothness of operation, and numerous options and features available for putting together a show. :)

Al,

Many thanks for the offer of help. I have sent you two emails with different pte files attached, along with an explanation.

For those who might be interested, or experiencing similar problems, here is the text of the second email;

I have sent you another pte file. In the first one I found that I had

two buttons in the same spot. Thinking that this might be the problem

I redid the show and created a new pte file.

Same problem with running though. However it is not consistent. I

ran the slideshow and it went through three sessions and stopped on

the fourth. I then copied this file to my laptop and it would only run

once, so, I'm confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Noelb

Hi, Noel,

As I mentioned in my email, you have hit on a small peculiarity of PTE. The button on the last slide is programmed to go back to slide x when pressed. As long as you press the button before the expiry of the time for the last slide (in your case 3 sec.), everything works fine. However, if you wait until after the time has epxired (assuming that "when show ends keep last slide in show on screen" is also checked), clicking on the button will take you back to the designated slide, but the show will not progress any further.

This could be either good or bad, depending on the action the slideshow creator desires. However, for newcomers to PTE, it can prove confusing, as in your case, and there are other ways to program the show to stay paused when one jumps back to an earlier slide. The usual procedure is to use a navigation bar, and press pause first before jumping out of sequence.

Igor, could you please add this to your list of fixes for the next release? :)

Thanks again for your help, Al.

To solve the problem, once you had told me about the duration of the final slide was causing the glitch, I set the time on the final slide to a few thousand seconds.

It now works perfectly. And I have bought the program, now for the real slideshow.

Cheers

Noelb