WnSoft Forums

Half a Transition.. Possible?

jinjagoliath

I wonder if anyone could tell me if HALF a transition is possible yet with P2E?

Let me explain.

I want an effect which pushes a new image part way into an existing one, say 3/4s, then cut to another slide.

This would give me the possibility of a great effect.

I'll show you if I can do it.

Weird, I know. Any thoughts?

(PS well done to Ken)

J :ph34r: G

Hi, JG,

You can't accomplish this directly with PTE yet, but you can simulate it very easily with Photoshop. Simply create 2 slides, one normal and another one made by setting up one image over another as 2 layers in PS, adjusting the opacity of the top layer so that the bottom one shows through, and saving this result as the second slide to which you can then fade in PTE, and then cut to a third slide.

I think your creative thought will have to be done with your creative talent and then displayed via PTE. If I understand your idea, you could probalby accomplish it by making the "half transition" slide in Photoshop. Then the full transition of PTE would bring you to the "half position" slide and then onto what ever you want. Does that make sense for what you are after?

I agree with both Al and Lumenlux. Take a look at my Third Image Demo in Beechbrook.com

Ron [uK]

Thanks for all the wisdom.

Photoshop is great for cross-fading, and I have adopted that into this same presentation. What I am hoping to achieve is actually sliding using P2Es excellent new PUSH slide features.

Then (during the process) *cutting to another slide at the appropriate moment* to create a simple animation effect. Then picking up the push (or better starting a new slide that's engineered to look like the old one at this point) and making it seem seamless (ha).

It's my dream :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I think it is something beyond the boundaries of P2E just for now.

All of the above I can do, except for the * * (see above), I suspect.

Add it to my wish list Igor.

Thanks guys

J :ph34r: G

It looks as though you are after a multitrack version as we have for sound in Audition. I am sure that must be a dream just at the moment, but who knows what the future may bring.

Ron [uK]