WnSoft Forums

music synch how to?

MidKnight

Assuming you intend to synch the main body of the show to your music using the Timeline, then all you need to do is edit your music track(s) to include some silence at each end to coincide with the images you wish to remain silent, perhaps fading in and out as appropriate, but having a soundtrack that is as long as your total show length.

You'll need to do this in a sound editor - Audacity is the preferred (free) s/w and there are many references to it elsewhere on this forum.

I'm sure there are more expert users here who will keep you right - but this is the main principle to use I think.

good luck

DEN (NE UK)

mmm i was hoping there was a easy way of doing this, where one could simply track the starting sound track to where i would want it to start at the start of the show and drag back at the end, then all is evenly timed out in the centre..

hopefully something like this could be added into a new build one day.....

cheers

i use PicturesToExe and i usethe following program to add sound to my

slide shows,it is called AUDACITY 1.2.3 and is a free program and can

be downloaded from www.audacity.sourceforge.net.

you will find it a super program,and i use it all the time,and will do all you

require.

Hi All,

There are so many sound editors out there it's boggling! I hope these few suggestions can help put you on the right path.

My preferred sound editor is Nero Wave editor - I find this the most intuitive for the way I work. Audacity is great too and friend of mine swear by Cool Edit and Cool Edit pro (they may be the same - I'm not sure). The free sound editor with windows is not very useful, but it is very easy to use for very simple work. I used to use Cubase and Cubasis, but they did far more than I needed and the millions of features sometimes get in the way - but they're what I grew up with!

Have a great Christmas.

Phil