WnSoft Forums

What is wrong with my P2E!?

Stratus595

Okay, I am really stressed right now and I don't need this-

Can someone tell me why when I open P2E to work on a slideshow that I just put together last night and worked perfectly this morning, now tells me that the pictures cannot be found? It's really wierd because the first three pictures of the slideshow, the title page pics, are there and show up in the strip down at the bottom but then the actual pics themselves are not there and have the blue writing in the box that states the jpeg cannot be loaded and may be damaged. The funny thing is that I am sitting here looking AT the pics in the box above where all of your folders are. They are there, so why is it telling me they cannot be found?

I saved it as a .pte and an .exe last night when I created it but when I open the .pte to work on it, it does the same thing. I have restarted my computer and everything I know of and no luck."

Hi There,

The first and most likely reason is if the images have been moved from their original folder(s). P2E relies on the full address that the images were originally loaded from i.e. C/My picks:show1/first.jpeg. What should help is to add the image from the other window again and then place it on the kist where you want it.

But to be safe I always set up a folder for each show with the name of the show. This will have sub folders for sound, pictures, and, project/ exe files. When the show is ready you can move this folder and contents to a CD. But if you need to go back to it you just replace the folder where it was on the HD.

My lay out is as follows. C:Audio visuals/show folder/Sound or pictures or projects. The show folder is removed and can be replaced in the Audio visual folder.

Hope this helps,

Alan

another option is to create a TEMPLATE for the show.

You can move the template around to whatever folder, back-up device you want, etc. The pictures and sound are always there for you.

FILE > TEMPLATE > CREATE TEMPLATE FROM THIS SHOW

I've had this happen when putting together a "club" sequence with various pictures supplied by different club members. They were all in the same folder, but pictures from one particular member had exactly the same symptoms described above. The thumbnails only displayed the "damaged jpg" message, but when the show actually previewed okay and the finished exe file was fine.

I suspect the problem is something to do with the method of saving the jpg, and the format is generating the error message even though the pictures are there.

Try re-saving one of the images as a test, using the "Save for Web" option (if you're using Photoshop" as this produces the 'cleanest' images for screen display.

Ian

Hello to JRR!

I like the idea of creating a template but have no real knowledge of how to do it. Perhaps you could ellaborate on the method or, better still provide a 'step by step' guide. I am sure other members would find this useful.

Ron West

Ron:

I'll try to clarify the process:

Each time you work on your PTE presentation, I assume you you save the current .pte file. You either click:

FILE > SAVE or File > SAVE AS

That saves the .pte file in whatever folder you are working from (SAVE AS is safer as you can actually see where it is going to be saved)

Using the TEMPLATE is an extra step. After saving the .pte file you can save the .pt file by:

FILE > TEMPLATE > CREATE TEMPLATE FROM THIS SHOW

This creates a .pt file in your PTE Program Files folder. You can leave it there or move it wherever you want. You can back it up to whatever media you use for back-up.

The .pt file holds all the images you are using, the sound file and the .pte file. It does not hold the .exe file, but you can easily re-create the .exe file by simply using the .pte file from the TEMPLATE .pt file and creating it in the usual way.

Hope that makes sense

The following are notes I wrote for a friend rcently:

PicturesToExe Basic Project Options Settings

Main>Main Settings>Create Slide Show (selected). Nothing else selected at this stage but later I use my own icons.

Main>Show settings>Close show after last slide (selected). >Display each slide for (selected) and 4s and 0ms (entered)

Advanced>Advanced Options>Mouse Button this is set at Left-Exit and Right-Next slide but I don’t use this function. Hide mouse cursor during show is selected. No other selections under Advanced.

Music. No selection at this stage.

Comments. No selection. I usually add any lettering in Photoshop.

Screen>Screen options>Fit to screen (selected); 100% 0f screen to show slide images (selected) and Fullscreen mode (selected). No other selections.

Screen>Background>Solid color and black selected.

Effects>Transition effects>Enable transition effects (selected). When setting up the template, if all the effects are selected these can be cleared by clicking the right hand button, showing two sheets of paper towards top left. Now select Fade in/out.

>Thickness of smoothing line 60 and Effect duration 4000ms

Messages not used.

Finally File>Templates>Create template from this Show

Ron [uK]