WnSoft Forums

Screen Transisitons

Redjed

I have just purchased PTE a few weeks ago and it is cool. I've been looking at the some of the slide shows and a couple of them have more than one picture frame on the background. When the slide transitions it will change one frame and a little bit later the other will transition. I am curious how they make it look like seperate transitions. I hope I have explained well enough to understand - Thanks - Russell

Hi Russell:

Welcome to PTE.

The transitions you have seen that leave one image in place and bring in another one is simply two (or more) separate images prepared in PhotoShop (or whatever photo editing software one uses).

The common picture is on both images and PTE just transtions the slides, but the eye only sees one of the images change.

Help!

I also just purchased PTE and have some questions regarding the slide transitions.

I downloaded the "Create Slideshow" presentation referenced in this thread and have now watched it three times.

I want to have the long, smooth transitions that I am seeing in many of the slideshows I have downloaded, but the ones built into the product still pop and the change is very noticeable despite the fact that I have adjusted the transition time. Will I have to create the transitions in Photoshop for them to work like this or is there some other parameter that I have overlooked? Surely PTE cannot parse through a PSD file, or can it?

Unfortunately, although the presentation was very informative and extremely well done, the presentation just left me with many more questions, as it never explained how to use in a presentation the material they presented.

Rod

;) I'm not sure that I really understand your problem thoroughly but here's a suggestion for what it's worth.

Let's assume you wish to have one or more portrait style images appearing/disappearing on top of a landscape image.

First prepare your images in Photoshop (or similar) as follows:

1. each individual image separately

2. the landscape with one of the portrait images superimposed. I'll call this L+P1

3. Now, in Pics to Exe, insert the landscape image as the first slide

4. Add the second slide - ie P1. Click the "Customise slide" button. On the "Main" tab, tick "Use own background preference". Click the radio button next to "Tiled background picture". Select the landscape image you used in no 3 above.

When you preview this, you'll see first of all the landscape shot, then the portrait shot appearing over the landscape shot.

5 Add the third slide ie P2. In the same way as in step 4, add the background picture, but this time use L+P1 (prepared in step 2) above.

That's it - I hope you can follow this. If it is what you need and you require further clarification, just drop me an e-mail.

Rod,

Hope I don't add to your confusion, however, when using Photoshop you must use layers and save each pic as a jpg and save the layered Photoshop project as a psd. For instance, a frame that you produce using the "Stroke" command, under the "Edit" menu should be combined and placed over your other pics and then saved as a jpg. You build up the psd file gradually by importing each jpg file into the psd file as a separate layer. Obviously for a large slideshow there will be lots of pics, so I suggest you save the psd file as "Titles", and then "Part 1" then "Part 2" and so on. You only bring the resultant jpg files into PTE to make the slideshow.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

TC

TC

Thanks for the PS explanation.

IOW, PS is simply used to overlay text, frames, etc over the individual layers. One will then combine the desired images by flatening the individual pieces. These images will then be put into PTE.

I think I understand how to make the dissolves work the way I envisioned them.

I had been experimenting by increasing the effect time to 5000 ms, but the fade-in was so fast that it appeared on the screen at what seemed to be nearly full intensity, thus giving the appearance that the image popped into the previous slide. By lengthening the effect time to 8000 ms, the cross-fade seems to be more like that which I was seeking to achieve. Any recommendations you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Rod