WnSoft Forums

Previewing Slide Show from the middle

rmphotog

I am in making a slide show using pic2exe. I would like to know if there is any way of starting the preview from an image in the middle of the show without looking at the entire show. It seems like there should be a way but I can't figure it out. The way I am doing it now I have to watch 15min of the show to see if my changes to the music, transition etc. are OK.

Also, is there a way to tag more than 1 image in the slide show in order to move them together as a group up or down in the show?

Bob

Bob:

The ability to do that came with v3.8.

I use it all the time for my synchronized shows

I click on PROJECT OPTIONS - MAIN - CUSTOM SYNCRONIZATION and put in my transitions.

When I want to preview them, I click on START in CUSTOM SYNCHRONIZIATION, the show starts (watch it in the small thumbnail to the right) and then click on the time line where you want to preview from. The images and music jump right to it.

You can continue to click on the time line and the show jumps to that spot. If you hit PAUSE, the show stops but you can restart it wherever. If you hit STOP, the show goes back to image one, but just do the above again and you are OK

Jim

Bob,

Here's another option. If you create a show with the new 4.00 beta version, you also get a tiny "slice of bread" icon at the bottom right of the main PTE image window, and if you click on it the full-screen preview will start at the image that is highlighted at the time.

Ciao,

Al

HEY! Somebody ate the middle right out of my tiny "slice of bread" icon LOL

Just a teeny suggestion for the next beta or sometime in the near future. When I am using software I think icons are great and keyboard shortcuts are great but I still like to have all commands listed in the title bar so I can see what the program is able to do by reading the title bar and its drop down menus. In fact when I very first open up a new program the first thing I do is peruse the menus in the title bar. Generally gives a good overview of what the program can and can't do. Always good to have more than one way to do things when it comes to software. If I forget where that pesky icon went to (sometimes they hide from you) I always have somewhere else to look.

Just a few humble thoughts from this keyboard.

Cath

Cath,

You must have put your mouse too close to it! :)

I agree with you - and it would be nice to have a tiny dialog-box open up with a brief explanation when you run your cursor over it. However, this is still a "beta", so maybe all the bells and whistles will be added later.

Ciao,

Al

I decided I must be blind as I could not find the slice of bread, so I called Al Robin (he lives in the same city as I do).

:( It seems my seeing eye dog must have eaten it :)

It is not there on screen. I am using v4.00beta. Is there another version of beta 4 ??

Is anyone else missing Al's slice of bread ???

Jim

Sorry, I take it all back.

The "slice of bread" is visible only for non-synchronized shows, so is only academic in other cases. Maybe Igor will leave it there for "Synched" shows too in the next version?? :)

Ciao,

Al

I used a suggestion that was found on the forum previously that was a simple workaround. I just insert an object button with the object editor onto my first slide, or as many as I need, then have each button go to a certain slide in the presentation. When I start the preview, I click on the button, and it skips to the portion of the show that I desire. Just remove the objects when you are ready to complete and create the show. Works like a charm, particularly for large shows.