WnSoft Forums

And the winner is.........

imfinewine

The results are now in and the winners of our Winter Competition are:

1st Place........Peter Coles with Fragile World

2nd Place.......Roger Walton (Contaxman) with Bleak Midwinter

3rd Place ......J.P. Dollangère with Le rêve d'Elga

Congratulations to you all on your winning entries. And a hardy thank you to all of the participants for taking the time to submit an entry.

All of the sequences can be viewed at Creating Slide Shows

B)

desert dave

Congratulations to Peter and Roger, good works!. Infortunetly the computer of Creating Slide Show break down and many people can't see there shows.

May I add my congratulations too to the winners and the organiser, Desert Dave. Glad I got the first three right with my points scoring. But why was there a variation of between 17 and 33 in the numbers viewing each presentation and how did those viewers select which they saw? I downloaded everyone and, after viewing each a couple of times, produced a spreadsheet and recorded my comments and score before committing myself.

Ron [uK]

Ronwill,

I was very curious of this also and checked how it worked to be sure everything was fine. The additional views on some were produced by just that, a click through on a photo image. The worst rated show had the most views, which makes no sense. But it was also the first show on the page. I assume people that didn't know the downloads were in our gallery on not on this rating page clicked on a few photos and not finding a download stopped clicking on the photos. Hence the diference. And of course you click on the highest rated shows to see what's there. There is no correlation to some sequences actually being watched more than others by the # of views shown.

B)

Guest Techman1

Hello,

Is there another place where we can view these slideshows associated with this forum "without" having to join another forum? I would really like to see these top winners shows. These were created with PTE right?

I looked on Beechbrook, but was unable to view them there (or maybe I just missed them).

Thanks in advance.

Fred

Thanks for the congratulations!

I enjoyed taking part in this event. I always learn a lot through competitions. I don't expect to win - that's a bonus when it happens, but I ALWAYS learn from such events. I very much enjoyed witnessing the other entries. Very few used words; most Sequences in UK competitions do use the spoken word and it is therefore interesting to me that the three winners all used either spoken or sung words, or both.

I have no difficulty contacting and using this www.creatingslideshows.com site. It is easy to register and it is free. So, I can't see any problem in downloading Squences. If any do still have a problem, I will quite willingly send "Fragile Earth" (the winner) to any e-mail site requesting it via "dropload". I cannot place it on beechbrook without getting the permission of all those who sent in images to be used in the competition.

I would like to encourage visitors to this site to take part in the next event organised by 'desert dave' of www.creatingslideshows.com

While I am doing this I would also like to encourage entries for out next International Digital AV Competition in the UK. Please vist www.avworld.org for details. We had 81 entries last year. This year one entry takes your work to three events, one in Cradiff, Wales, One in Dublin, Republic of Ireland and one in Aldbourne, Wiltshire, England. Do please send us some of your work; one entry each this time, though, to ensure that we can play them all in one long day!

Techman1,

You can jump in with about 3-4 lines of input on the registration and no sales pitch, nothing to buy and grab all the shows to watch.

With all the uploading and downloading we have going on, there has to be some tracking to assure security. Sorry but it's simple and easy enough.

B)

-desert dave

P.S. All 3 of the top winners were using P2E :)

I'm responsible for the runner-up "Bleak Midwinter" and, like Peter, am happy to make it available but can't post to Beechbrook for the same reason.

I reckon that it's worth registering on www.creatingslideshows.com to see what's what and, perhaps, take part in the activity there. It's a comprehensive site so you'll take a while to get used to the layout after which it's likely to become a "must".